Rivier University to present Nashua mayor with honorary degree
International scholar Dr. Philip Altbach and Dr. Jamison Hoff, chair of the Rivier University Board of Trustees, will also receive honorary degrees along with Lozeau.
"Honoring these three individuals represents our commitment to global engagement, the city of Nashua, and the leadership of our University. The power of their collective leadership stands as an inspiration to our faculty and students," said Sister Paula Marie Buley, president of Rivier.
Established as a private Catholic liberal arts college in 1933, Rivier became a university in the summer of 2012. The generally accepted difference between colleges and universities is that colleges tend to focus on offering only undergraduate degrees while universities offer graduate level programs along with undergraduate programs so students can also earn master's degrees and doctrates.
"Our transition to Rivier University provides the opportunity to reintroduce ourselves to the world with a renewed focus on academic distinction, global engagement, and student leadership," said Sister Paula.
Lozeau is being recognized for her leadership of Nashua and to highlight the relationship between the city and Rivier.
"Nashua is our home, and the world is our classroom," Sister Paula said.
Altbach is being honored for his work in international higher education, while Hoff is being honored for her leadership of the board of trustees.
READER COMMENTS: 18
- Smith schools Hassan: Leadership in Londonderry - 0
- Where officers live: Manchester is missing the point - 3
- Leo Bernier: For Hillsborough County Commission - 0
- Insurance exchanges Sam's Club or Obama's club? - 11
- Garcia and Guinta: For a change, send them to DC - 21
- Jeanne's travel ban: She doesn't want Obama here - 14
- Making it up: Shameless state Senate attacks - 9
- Fixing Obamacare: Shaheen offers no way out - 41
- Team Obama: Faking right, voting left - 26
READER COMMENTS: 0
- School's out for voters - 0
- Kuster's abortion lies: Claims against Garcia are untrue - 0
- Brown, Shaheen run hardest where support is deepest - 0
- Jonathan E. Benedict - 0
- Drew Cline: GOP missed opportunities could mean trouble on Tuesday - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Demaryius Thomas is x-factor for Broncos' offense - 0
- College Football: Big Green ready for tussle with Harvard - 0
- UNH Notebook: Albany is much improved - 0
- MVP Bumgarner rides to the rescue for Giants' third World Series win in five years - 0
The Obamaconomy: Shea-Porter shows its flaw