Conference on Spirituality to be May 17
This year's topic is "The Fragile Pact: Couples in Treatment," and will feature two half-day sessions developed for two main audiences, psychotherapists and religious professionals.
Dr. Doug Stephens, a psychotherapist, will facilitate both sessions. Stephens serves as the training coordinator at Pastoral Counseling Services, Inc. and is executive director at the Adirondack Samaritan Counseling Center in Hudson Falls, N.Y.
From 8:45 a.m. to noon, psychotherapists can explore clinical models for couples in treatment and enhance their abilities to engage couples in conflict, including creating and sustaining interactional change.
Registration fees for the morning session are $65 and this course has a pending application for 3 Category I Continuing Education Units. A student rate is also available for $45.
From 1 to 4 p.m., religious professionals will focus on a pastoral model to engage couples and assess for referral. Objectives include differentiating between chronic issues and situation or short-term issues, conflict resolution skills, and developing strategies to express serious concerns while maintaining the pastoral connection.
Registration fees for the afternoon session are $35
Conference reservations can be made by completing registration form available on our website at www.pcs-nh.org or by contacting Lindsay Goff at firstname.lastname@example.org or 627-2702, ext. 110.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Secret arrests? Not if we can help it - 5
- Process and law: Foster's questionable circumvention - 1
- The courage of Boston: The courage of America - 1
- Downhill: Obamacare vs. ski areas - 24
- 'He is risen': 'As he said' - 1
- A cellphone ban: Ignoring inconvenient data - 10
- City budget talk: How about solutions instead? - 2
- Death & justice: Officer Briggs is not forgotten - 7
- Decency displayed: Havenstein's nice start - 7
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Londonderry councilors critical of town’s economic development website - 0
- Candia teen faces more counts in connection with burglary - 0
- Suspect arrested, loot recovered 10 minutes after Derry bank robbery - 0
- Ellsbury propels Yanks over Sox - 0
- Bruins shut out Wings - 0
- Phaneuf leads Derryfield laxers past Pelham - 0
- High School Volleyball results - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Teen recruited juvenile for burglaries - 0
- Cell phones, speakers stolen in separate incidents - 0
Younger of two brothers convicted of murdering parents quietly released after 18 years in prison
High School Volleyball results
Bruins shut out Wings
Shaheen touts land conservation fund
Prepare to pay more to park in Manchester
Secret arrests? Not if we can help it
Latest Groton wind farm fight: Snow plowing