Water disruptions expected this weekend in Litchfield
Town officials said the leak was discovered Friday morning in the Pennichuck water main near Pearson Street and Albuquerque Avenue.
"The leak will require the system to be shut down and repaired," said a town posting. Work on the water main will begin around 10 p.m. on Sunday, with water service being disrupted until about 7 a.m. on Monday.
The areas north of Hillcrest will be impacted during the service window, according to the posting.
"Pennichuck will be keeping water in the system, but the pressure will be low and could be dirty at times," says the release.
READER COMMENTS: 3
- Pipes and plans: A chance to show up Mass. - 12
- Needing answers in Weare: The first step to accountability - 0
- Where terrorists win: The world's one 'kill Americans' zone - 5
- Expanding NH economy: Of energy costs, trains and clowns - 3
- Obama acts illegally: Shaheen parrots his talking points - 64
- Regulations must adapt: Cities cannot squash the new economy - 3
- Offend someone? To jail with you! - 22
- King Obama: Creating a constitutional crisis - 42
- VA wait times: They are still bad - 6
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester Turkey Bowl will go as scheduled - 0
- Red Sox think they got free agent signings right this time - 0
- Turkey Bowls: Passion always on the menu - 0
- Manchester Turkey Bowl: Crusaders aim to rewrite history - 0
- Dave Solomon's Power Plays: Who knew what and when in PSNH scrubber case? - 0
- Story of Marine Memorial at Hampton Beach begins with Bill Downs - 0
- Immigrants include ethnic dishes at their Thanksgiving table - 0
- Puritans in America: Daniel Webster on religion's role - 0
- Mitt Romney is out front, but says he's not running again - 0
On being American: A point for reflection
Your Turn, NH -- Mike Moffett: Republicans can win in 2016 with Kasich at the top of the ticket
Person found dead in Manchester alley