Water disruptions expected this weekend in Litchfield
Town officials said the leak was discovered Friday morning in the Pennichuck water main near Pearson Street and Albuquerque Avenue.
"The leak will require the system to be shut down and repaired," said a town posting. Work on the water main will begin around 10 p.m. on Sunday, with water service being disrupted until about 7 a.m. on Monday.
The areas north of Hillcrest will be impacted during the service window, according to the posting.
"Pennichuck will be keeping water in the system, but the pressure will be low and could be dirty at times," says the release.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Unity Elementary School off to late start - 0
- La. Gov. Jindal files federal lawsuit over Common Core - 0
- Central High parents reminded to use caution when dropping kids off - 0
- New Manchester school district standards to give teachers more leeway - 4
- Construction to begin on Hollis playground - 0
- New Derry school year launch honors everyday heroes - 0
- Stevens High School in Claremont to have start pushed back to Sept. 10 because of renovations - 0
- Plymouth State's $32 million health, track facility seen as student draw - 1
- Free school meals rejected as Manchester board bucks federal program - 51
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Merrimack Valley tops Hollis/Brookline in Spaulding Jamboree - 0
- Pinkerton: 'No surprises' on the first day of school - 0
- Boys' Soccer: Goffstown controls play but loses game - 0
- More details released about Nashua drive-by shooting - 0
- Stocks lose ground on Ukraine worry - 0
- New imaging technique available in Salem helps with breast cancer detection - 0
- Health centers in Somersworth, Raymond using Obamacare funds to streamline service - 0
- John Stossel: The other green monster - 0
- Another View - Charles Lane: Obama's wedge issue is the seductive lure of golf - 0
Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you
Weekly brother gave police wrong name