Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Former firefighter accused of sex assault
George Calligandes, 43, of Londonderry turned himself in on a Londonderry Police Department warrant shortly after 5 p.m. Wednesday evening, according to police reports.
Calligandes was charged with sexual assault/forcible fondling, however details of those charges weren't immediately available Thursday morning.
Police Lt. Tim Jones said he was unable to provide further information on the circumstances surrounding Calligandes' arrest since a police investigation is under way.
Calligandes was released on $2,000 personal recognizance bail and will appear in the Derry District Court May 6.
A former senior firefighter and paramedic, Calligandes had served as the Londonderry Fire Department's Community Relations coordinator and also managed the department's student internship program.
Contacted on Thursday morning, acting Fire Chief Darren O'Brien declined to comment, referring all inquiries on Calligandes' employment history to the human resources department. Calligandes was employed with the Londonderry Fire Department from February 1997 through March 2009, according to town human resources manager Donna Pratt.
Pratt said town records indicate Calligandes was "voluntarily terminated" from his position, though a reason wasn't listed in the records.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- City man charged with endangering child - 0
- Coos Superior Court hands up indictments - 0
- Coos County jury indicts Lancaster man in theft of firearms - 0
- Page Restaurant owners agree to pay $4,000 as part of plea deal - 0
- Driver arrested after nearly hitting Canaan police chief - 0
- Police say man attacked woman with sword - 0
- Couple charged in connection with Exeter burglaries - 0
- Former Berlin man to be sentenced April 1 for credit union robbery - 0
- Burglary spee brings more charges for Seabrook man - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Red Sox deal Morales for backup infielder - 0
- It's a season of switching teams for NASCAR drivers - 0
- Central girls down Trinity in OT - 0
- Pistons edge Celtics - 0
- Business is good for football elite - 0
- Negotiator: Israeli-Palestinian talks might take year to complete - 0
- Harvard student charged in bomb hoax released on bail - 0
- Jackknifed propane tanker closes I-293 to traffic for hours in aftermath - 0
- “The VA has pointed me in the right direction,” he said. - 0
Police say man attacked woman with sword
The Music Hall presents 'Messiah Sing'
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424