Sep 25, 2014
Sep 18, 2014
Sep 4, 2014
Aug 28, 2014
Former firefighter accused of sex assault
George Calligandes, 43, of Londonderry turned himself in on a Londonderry Police Department warrant shortly after 5 p.m. Wednesday evening, according to police reports.
Calligandes was charged with sexual assault/forcible fondling, however details of those charges weren't immediately available Thursday morning.
Police Lt. Tim Jones said he was unable to provide further information on the circumstances surrounding Calligandes' arrest since a police investigation is under way.
Calligandes was released on $2,000 personal recognizance bail and will appear in the Derry District Court May 6.
A former senior firefighter and paramedic, Calligandes had served as the Londonderry Fire Department's Community Relations coordinator and also managed the department's student internship program.
Contacted on Thursday morning, acting Fire Chief Darren O'Brien declined to comment, referring all inquiries on Calligandes' employment history to the human resources department. Calligandes was employed with the Londonderry Fire Department from February 1997 through March 2009, according to town human resources manager Donna Pratt.
Pratt said town records indicate Calligandes was "voluntarily terminated" from his position, though a reason wasn't listed in the records.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Strafford County inmate facing charges of thefts from vehicles - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Man charged with assault says he was trying to break up a fight - 0
- Nashua man was not Mirandized following shooting by police, court documents say - 0
- Man arrested for speeds over 100 mph on Everett Turnpike - 0
- Nashua man accused of cutting wife’s throat committed to psychiatric hospital - 1
- Two may have stabbed each other in Concord parking garage incident, police say - 0
- Manchester joyride in a stolen truck lands two in handcuffs - 0
- License revocations for DWI announced - 0
- Crosstown Variety Store robbed in Manchester - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Review of West High intruder case to be behind closed doors - 0
- Another View -- Daniel Barrick: Manchester's schools face some serious challenges - 0
- Racism in Lincoln? Looks more like ignorance - 0
- Representing whom? Jeanne Shaheen, leftist icon - 0
- Chiefly, Pats are horrible in Monday night blowout in K.C. - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Double-overtime goal sends Goffstown past John Stark in boys' soccer - 0
- UNH gridders jump one spot in national polls - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat: Offseason needs aplenty - 0
- NHIAA Field Hockey: Merrill's hat trick lifts Winnacunnet - 0
Dredging planned for Milford's Osgood Pond
UNH gridders jump one spot in national polls
Racism in Lincoln? Looks more like ignorance
Hillary Clinton to join Shaheen fundraiser
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917