Aug 21, 2014
Aug 14, 2014
Jul 24, 2014
Jul 16, 2014
Former firefighter accused of sex assault
George Calligandes, 43, of Londonderry turned himself in on a Londonderry Police Department warrant shortly after 5 p.m. Wednesday evening, according to police reports.
Calligandes was charged with sexual assault/forcible fondling, however details of those charges weren't immediately available Thursday morning.
Police Lt. Tim Jones said he was unable to provide further information on the circumstances surrounding Calligandes' arrest since a police investigation is under way.
Calligandes was released on $2,000 personal recognizance bail and will appear in the Derry District Court May 6.
A former senior firefighter and paramedic, Calligandes had served as the Londonderry Fire Department's Community Relations coordinator and also managed the department's student internship program.
Contacted on Thursday morning, acting Fire Chief Darren O'Brien declined to comment, referring all inquiries on Calligandes' employment history to the human resources department. Calligandes was employed with the Londonderry Fire Department from February 1997 through March 2009, according to town human resources manager Donna Pratt.
Pratt said town records indicate Calligandes was "voluntarily terminated" from his position, though a reason wasn't listed in the records.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Fugitive in Manchester shooting, stabbing cases caught by Marshals, police - 0
- Hampton Falls standoff suspect linked to burglaries, fake-cop ploy - 0
- Woman charged in fatal Hampton crash wants blood-test thrown out of court - 0
- Home confinement rejected for ex-Derry town employee - 0
- Manchester man arrested for aggravated drunk driving - 0
- Manchester Crime Watch: Fugitive in shooting, stabbing cases brought to court - 0
- Homeless man faces DWI charges in Dover - 0
- Amherst couple charged in sale of lost wedding ring - 0
- Donation jar thief said to be Bay State man - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH Motor Speedway to again host two Sprint Cup Series weekends in 2015 - 0
- St. Anselm football players practice ini August heat - 0
- White, Glenn lift Fisher Cats over Harrisburg, 6-4 - 0
- KSC field hockey first in coaches poll - 0
- New England Patriots guard Mankins traded to Tampa for TE Wright - 1
- NH Fisher Cat Lee still striving for making it to the major leagues - 0
- Former city restaurateur gets jail sentence for sex assault - 0
- New Manchester school district standards to give teachers more leeway - 1
- Conway adult tests positive for EEE - 0
Backyard boulder kills Raymond homeowner
GOP for legal pot? Hemignway's high help
Ohio's Rob Portman: GOP can win back Senate
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917