Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Feb 6, 2014
Former firefighter accused of sex assault
George Calligandes, 43, of Londonderry turned himself in on a Londonderry Police Department warrant shortly after 5 p.m. Wednesday evening, according to police reports.
Calligandes was charged with sexual assault/forcible fondling, however details of those charges weren't immediately available Thursday morning.
Police Lt. Tim Jones said he was unable to provide further information on the circumstances surrounding Calligandes' arrest since a police investigation is under way.
Calligandes was released on $2,000 personal recognizance bail and will appear in the Derry District Court May 6.
A former senior firefighter and paramedic, Calligandes had served as the Londonderry Fire Department's Community Relations coordinator and also managed the department's student internship program.
Contacted on Thursday morning, acting Fire Chief Darren O'Brien declined to comment, referring all inquiries on Calligandes' employment history to the human resources department. Calligandes was employed with the Londonderry Fire Department from February 1997 through March 2009, according to town human resources manager Donna Pratt.
Pratt said town records indicate Calligandes was "voluntarily terminated" from his position, though a reason wasn't listed in the records.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Exeter police say man briefly suffocated 3-year-old girl - 0
- Police say Raymond man hit friend who tried to stop him from driving drunk - 0
- Affidavit: Driver accused in fatal Nashua hit and run had been drinking - 3
- Londonderry coach found not guilty in girl's sex assault - 1
- Police: Convicted Antrim sex offender mentored child he molested - 1
- Raymond man charged with hitting friend with his vehicle - 0
- NH Supreme Court reject's Addison appeal to remove AG's prosecuting team - 6
- Manchester man convicted on drug, weapons counts - 2
- Jury considers fate of Londonderry man in sex assault trial - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH delays enforcing liquor warehouse pact - 0
- Planned Parenthood funds S&M Web video - 0
- John DiStaso's Granite Status: Gatsas incesed by unauthorized use of his phone number for 'robocalls' - 0
- Garry Rayno's State House Dome: Vote on death penalty repeal set for Wednesday - 0
- Legislative ethics: NH way works better than most - 0
- Blue shame: Obamacare's big change - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Newest Monarchs making impact - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat: Aging catchers cause for concern - 0
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: It was all about chickens, alleged threats and nocturnal wanderings - 0
Two-alarm blaze at vacant building in Nashua
Charles Krauthammer: The wages of weakness
NH native holds lead spot in Iditarod
Roger Simon: How would Hillary handle Putin?
NH delays enforcing liquor warehouse pact