Jul 24, 2014
Jul 16, 2014
Jul 10, 2014
Jun 26, 2014
Former firefighter accused of sex assault
George Calligandes, 43, of Londonderry turned himself in on a Londonderry Police Department warrant shortly after 5 p.m. Wednesday evening, according to police reports.
Calligandes was charged with sexual assault/forcible fondling, however details of those charges weren't immediately available Thursday morning.
Police Lt. Tim Jones said he was unable to provide further information on the circumstances surrounding Calligandes' arrest since a police investigation is under way.
Calligandes was released on $2,000 personal recognizance bail and will appear in the Derry District Court May 6.
A former senior firefighter and paramedic, Calligandes had served as the Londonderry Fire Department's Community Relations coordinator and also managed the department's student internship program.
Contacted on Thursday morning, acting Fire Chief Darren O'Brien declined to comment, referring all inquiries on Calligandes' employment history to the human resources department. Calligandes was employed with the Londonderry Fire Department from February 1997 through March 2009, according to town human resources manager Donna Pratt.
Pratt said town records indicate Calligandes was "voluntarily terminated" from his position, though a reason wasn't listed in the records.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Man hospitalized following Rochester shooting; suspect still at large - 0
- Police seeking help to identify alleged credit card thieves - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Man accused of new crimes while out on bail faces hearing - 0
- Gorham man arraigned for kidnapping Abigail Hernandez, but details remain scarce - 1
- Ex-Manchester police officer pleads guilty to felonies related to helping drug dealer - 2
- Lancaster man indicted for possessing child sex abuse images - 0
- Former Nashua court officer waives hearing on sexual assault charges - 0
- MBTA police officer arrested two more times following house party arrest in Salem - 0
- Mass. man charged in car registration tax dodge - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Distracted legislating: Our baseless cellphone ban - 0
- Another View -- Betsy McCaughey: Our free lunch President - 0
- Another View -- Karlyn Borysenko: Workplace bullying is a serious problem, governor - 0
- Workplace abuse: Governor gets one right - 0
- Red Sox pull Lester from Wednesday start amid trade rumors - 0
- Accused Abby kidnapper Kibby had past minor brushes with police - 0
- Muskrats, Swamp Bats split twinbill - 0
- Jays' Stroman stymies Red Sox - 0
- NH medical board suspends Manchester doctor's license - 0
Win tickets to see ZZ Top
Win tickets to see the Pretty Reckless
Win tickets to see Ziggy Marley
Abby's alleged kidnapper held on $1M bail
When company comes, opt for variety
Dover man sought in Rochester shooting
Supporters are now 'Abby Strong'
Canobie Lake Park shuts down popular ride
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917