Jun 26, 2014
Jun 20, 2014
Jun 11, 2014
May 29, 2014
Sex offender arrested for sex assault at Plaistow Walmart allegedly flashed child in 2011 at Salem store
Salem police arrested Ronald Beausoleil, 32, of Haverhill, Mass., with felony indecent exposure for allegedly flashing an 8-year-old girl on Sept. 19, 2011 at a Walmart on Route 28 in Salem.
He was charged last month with groping a 9-year-old girl at a Walmart store in Plaistow.
Beausoleil's recent arrest on March 10 got the attention of Salem police Sgt. Thomas Kench and Detective Michael White.
Sgt. Kench thought a photo of Beausoleil from a security camera at Walmart in Plaistow closely resembled the unidentified suspect from their unsolved case in Salem that happened on Sept. 19, 2011, according to Detective Sgt. Michael Kelly.
Police were able to put together a photo lineup with the help of a criminal information analyst at the Massachusetts Sex Offender Registry. The victim and an adult witness in the 2011 case were able to identify Beausoleil as the suspect, police said.
Beausoleil was ordered held on $10,000 cash bail following his arraignment in 10th Circuit Court in Salem on the latest charge.
Police said they undertook an extensive investigation into identifying the suspect in 2011, releasing to the public still photos from Walmart security video in hopes of identifying a suspect.
Beausoleil is listed as a Level 3 offender with the Massachusetts Sex Offender Registry. He has a 1999 conviction for indecent assault and battery on a child under 14 years of age.
In 2007, he was convicted of attempted open and gross lewdness and lascivious behavior.
In the Plaistow case, he is facing charges of aggravated felonious sexual assault, theft, and operating after suspension.
Beausoleil allegedly grabbed the girl's genital area in the toy department.
The girl's parent had lost sight of her for a moment, police said.
Rockingham County Sheriff's Deputy Matthew Caracciolo spotted Beausoleil sitting in his pick-up outside the store the following night and took him into custody.
- Mazzaglia to be sentenced Aug. 14 for murder of UNH student - 0
- Police say Manchester woman arrested for punching ex-boyfriend during custody exchange in Walmart parking lot - 1
- Man arrested in two Portsmouth robberies - 0
- Manchester man arrested for attempted robbery in Laconia - 0
- Dover man among two sought in connection with Maine murder - 0
- High-speed chase starts in NH, ends in Massachusetts - 1
- Justices send drug case back to Rockingham County Superior Court - 0
- Backlash from former detective's early release increasing - 11
- East Kingston man sentenced to prison in sex assault case - 0
132-mph street racers blow by trooper in Nashua, one of two arrested; motorcyclist arrested on I-93 doing 107 mphREADER COMMENTS: 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Lost Massachusetts hikers found safe in NH - 0
- GOP criticizes Shaheen flip flop on gas tax - 5
- No one has a clear claim to NHMS supremacy - 0
- Sentence fragment: Coco's cuckoo release - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: Does Concord have a big spending problem? - 1
- Ban fireworks? Get serious - 10
- Another View - Kevin Smith: Londonderry is showing how to make NH business-friendly - 0
- Philadelphia outlasts Revolution, weather in U.S. Open Cup - 0
- Rock Cats sweep Fishers in rain-makeup doubleheader - 0
Police say Manchester woman arrested for punching ex-boyfriend during custody exchange in Walmart parking lot
Bikers say under-30 generation isn't interested, and can't afford many of the top motorcycles
Praising freedom: While curtailing it
Ban fireworks? Get serious
GOP criticizes Shaheen flip flop on gas tax
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917