Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
Aug 14, 2014
Jul 24, 2014
Sex offender arrested for sex assault at Plaistow Walmart allegedly flashed child in 2011 at Salem store
Salem police arrested Ronald Beausoleil, 32, of Haverhill, Mass., with felony indecent exposure for allegedly flashing an 8-year-old girl on Sept. 19, 2011 at a Walmart on Route 28 in Salem.
He was charged last month with groping a 9-year-old girl at a Walmart store in Plaistow.
Beausoleil's recent arrest on March 10 got the attention of Salem police Sgt. Thomas Kench and Detective Michael White.
Sgt. Kench thought a photo of Beausoleil from a security camera at Walmart in Plaistow closely resembled the unidentified suspect from their unsolved case in Salem that happened on Sept. 19, 2011, according to Detective Sgt. Michael Kelly.
Police were able to put together a photo lineup with the help of a criminal information analyst at the Massachusetts Sex Offender Registry. The victim and an adult witness in the 2011 case were able to identify Beausoleil as the suspect, police said.
Beausoleil was ordered held on $10,000 cash bail following his arraignment in 10th Circuit Court in Salem on the latest charge.
Police said they undertook an extensive investigation into identifying the suspect in 2011, releasing to the public still photos from Walmart security video in hopes of identifying a suspect.
Beausoleil is listed as a Level 3 offender with the Massachusetts Sex Offender Registry. He has a 1999 conviction for indecent assault and battery on a child under 14 years of age.
In 2007, he was convicted of attempted open and gross lewdness and lascivious behavior.
In the Plaistow case, he is facing charges of aggravated felonious sexual assault, theft, and operating after suspension.
Beausoleil allegedly grabbed the girl's genital area in the toy department.
The girl's parent had lost sight of her for a moment, police said.
Rockingham County Sheriff's Deputy Matthew Caracciolo spotted Beausoleil sitting in his pick-up outside the store the following night and took him into custody.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police say North Hampton man distributed child sex abuse images - 0
- Sexual assault charge in Keene - 0
- Keene man charged with threatening Nelson teen with gun - 0
- More details released about Nashua drive-by shooting - 0
- Portsmouth man charged with two felony drug counts - 0
- Affidavits show woman was shot as feds conducted downtown Manchester drug raid - 0
- Newton man charged with kidnapping, sexual assault of 15-year-old Mass. girl - 1
- Two felony charges for alleged Portsmouth drug dealer - 0
- Nashua man arrested in violent purse snatching - 0
READER COMMENTS: 1
- On Baseball: Fisher Cats manager Meacham learned a few things, too - 0
- First and 10: Old No. 1 begins as new No. 1 - 0
- NHIAA Girls' Soccer Preview: All eyes on Bedford, Exeter - 0
- Another View -- Dan McGuire: We Free Staters are not some threat to be feared - 0
- Taxpayer rights: Left, right should restore them - 0
- Hooksett highs: A good multiple choice test - 1
- No paper Monday - 0
- Patriots' Garoppolo solid, but Giants eke out 16-13 win in preseason finale - 0
- Education business tax credit program upheld - 0
Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you
Enter to win tickets to see Paula Poundstone
Win tickets to see Steven Wright
Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you
Weekly brother gave police wrong name
Hooksett highs: A good multiple choice test
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917