Principal selected for Dunbarton comes out of Hampstead
Thibaudeau, who has been at the K-6 school since 2008, will retire on June 30 and will be replaced by Owen Harrington, current assistant principal at Hampstead Middle and Central Schools.
According to information provided by the school district, Harrington has been assistant principal since 2006.
Prior to that, he taught in the Litchfield School District.
Harrington has a Certificate of Advanced Graduate Studies in Educational Leadership from Rivier College. He is certified in elementary education and as a Principal and Superintendent.
Dunbarton School Board Chairman Rene Ouellet said, "We are excited to welcome Owen to the Dunbarton Community. His experiences in curriculum, instruction, and administration make him an excellent candidate for our school."
According to a press release issued by the school board, Harrington was chosen following an extensive search process involving school board members, teachers, support staff, administration and community members.
He is expected to begin on July 1.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Obama's indecision: In NH, only Ayotte urges action - 29
- Concealed controversy: Our 'Mother, may I' gun policy - 22
- Innis in the 1st: A strong choice for Congress - 10
- Obama waits: A terror threat grows - 41
- For U.S. Senate, Scott Brown best NH candidate come November - 68
- Race and policing: America has a problem - 0
- Strength in faith: Gaining it from Jim Foley's family - 0
- Playing chicken: Treating voters like idiots - 0
- Perry’s indictment: An abuse of the legal system - 24
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH Motor Speedway to again host two Sprint Cup Series weekends in 2015 - 0
- St. Anselm football players practice ini August heat - 0
- White, Glenn lift Fisher Cats over Harrisburg, 6-4 - 0
- KSC field hockey first in coaches poll - 0
- New England Patriots guard Mankins traded to Tampa for TE Wright - 0
- NH Fisher Cat Lee still striving for making it to the major leagues - 0
- Former city restaurateur gets jail sentence for sex assault - 0
- Former high school art teacher gets suspended sentence in drug case - 0
- New Manchester school district standards to give teachers more leeway - 0
Backyard boulder kills Raymond homeowner
Market Basket: 'So close, yet so far'
Reports: Market Basket doomsday plan would shutter 61 of 71 stores if deal not struck soon
GOP for legal pot? Hemignway's high help
Ohio's Rob Portman: GOP can win back Senate