Principal selected for Dunbarton comes out of Hampstead
Thibaudeau, who has been at the K-6 school since 2008, will retire on June 30 and will be replaced by Owen Harrington, current assistant principal at Hampstead Middle and Central Schools.
According to information provided by the school district, Harrington has been assistant principal since 2006.
Prior to that, he taught in the Litchfield School District.
Harrington has a Certificate of Advanced Graduate Studies in Educational Leadership from Rivier College. He is certified in elementary education and as a Principal and Superintendent.
Dunbarton School Board Chairman Rene Ouellet said, "We are excited to welcome Owen to the Dunbarton Community. His experiences in curriculum, instruction, and administration make him an excellent candidate for our school."
According to a press release issued by the school board, Harrington was chosen following an extensive search process involving school board members, teachers, support staff, administration and community members.
He is expected to begin on July 1.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police obtain warrants for suspect wanted in Dover, Manchester bank robberies - 0
- Abby Dion, 9, records a 10 in gymnastics meet - 0
- St. A skaters fall to Norwich - 0
- Monarchs lose in OT; win streak stops at 6 - 0
- Police searching for person stealing from cars in Manchester - 0
- College Football: Maine seniors want the coveted musket - 0
- College Hockey: Ice-making problem postpones UNH-PC - 0
- Pinkerton backfield a combination of power and speed - 0
- John Habib's City Sports: State Legion rejects Post 79’s request for senior team - 0
Jury acquits Mont Vernon driver, who was checking text, in death of former Amherst fire chief
Offend someone? To jail with you!
Driver acquitted in Amherst ex-chief’s death
A kinder, gentler House Speaker?
College Football: Wildcats are CAA champs
College Hockey: Providence blanks UNH