Principal selected for Dunbarton comes out of Hampstead
Thibaudeau, who has been at the K-6 school since 2008, will retire on June 30 and will be replaced by Owen Harrington, current assistant principal at Hampstead Middle and Central Schools.
According to information provided by the school district, Harrington has been assistant principal since 2006.
Prior to that, he taught in the Litchfield School District.
Harrington has a Certificate of Advanced Graduate Studies in Educational Leadership from Rivier College. He is certified in elementary education and as a Principal and Superintendent.
Dunbarton School Board Chairman Rene Ouellet said, "We are excited to welcome Owen to the Dunbarton Community. His experiences in curriculum, instruction, and administration make him an excellent candidate for our school."
According to a press release issued by the school board, Harrington was chosen following an extensive search process involving school board members, teachers, support staff, administration and community members.
He is expected to begin on July 1.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- School group favors opening JROTC at Nashua high school - 0
- Athletics Dept. employee at UNH fired over 'invasion of privacy' - 0
- Loeb School spring classes include travel writing - 0
- Windham ready to open a 'Little Shop of Horrors' - 0
- Salem to decide fate of $75m school proposal - 0
- Allenstown parents mobilize to stave off $1 million school budget cut - 0
- Busy week for voters in Hollis, Brookline - 0
- Nashua to debate school spending - 0
- Test scores tell tale of one city, several towns - 4
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Tournament Roundup: Central breaks away from Exeter - 0
- College Hockey: Dartmouth drops tournament opener - 0
- FEMA OKs $8m for repairs in Lincoln, Lebanon - 0
- Official says Manchester lost out on $1.5m for cell tower court has now ordered built - 0
- John Habib's City Sports: Derryfield's 'Mouse' made his mark - 0
- Rondo leads Celtics past Nets - 0
- Hats off to O'Neill, Monarchs - 0
- NHIAA Boys' Basketball: Maughn, Memorial top Londonderry - 0
- NHIAA Boys' Basketball: Giampetruzzi leads Trinity into D-I semis - 0
Stacey Cole's Nature Talks: Turkey vultures not commonly seen in NH until fairly recently
Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief