Principal selected for Dunbarton comes out of Hampstead
Thibaudeau, who has been at the K-6 school since 2008, will retire on June 30 and will be replaced by Owen Harrington, current assistant principal at Hampstead Middle and Central Schools.
According to information provided by the school district, Harrington has been assistant principal since 2006.
Prior to that, he taught in the Litchfield School District.
Harrington has a Certificate of Advanced Graduate Studies in Educational Leadership from Rivier College. He is certified in elementary education and as a Principal and Superintendent.
Dunbarton School Board Chairman Rene Ouellet said, "We are excited to welcome Owen to the Dunbarton Community. His experiences in curriculum, instruction, and administration make him an excellent candidate for our school."
According to a press release issued by the school board, Harrington was chosen following an extensive search process involving school board members, teachers, support staff, administration and community members.
He is expected to begin on July 1.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Nashua assessment tests miss the mark - 1
- St. A's board of trustees responds to criticism of graduation change - 2
- Officials proposing cutting Derry school budget by $1.4 million - 0
- St. Anselm in a stir over graduation date change - 13
- Nashua schools struggle to find more time for middle-school math - 0
- Former Gov. Lynch chosen for PSU Robert Frost award - 0
- Keene State College gets funding to further biology research - 0
- Anti-bully message on display at Pinkerton - 0
- 'Hour of Code' events get students interested in computer programming - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- College Roundup: SNHU women win - 0
- Merrimack's Schaller scores first NHL goal, but B's get win - 0
- For Rex Ryan, another close loss to Pats - 0
- Heat cruise past Celtics, snap losing skid - 0
- More airstrikes target Pakistani Taliban militants - 0
- President Obama says Sony hack not an act of war - 0
- All safe following early-morning Manchester blaze on West Side - 2
- Dozens displaced by Manchester apartment building fire - 3
- Ossipee woman killed in late-night Moultonborough crash - 1
The Sony hack: Kim's judgment of Obama
'Everybody was extremely fortunate'