Principal selected for Dunbarton comes out of Hampstead
Thibaudeau, who has been at the K-6 school since 2008, will retire on June 30 and will be replaced by Owen Harrington, current assistant principal at Hampstead Middle and Central Schools.
According to information provided by the school district, Harrington has been assistant principal since 2006.
Prior to that, he taught in the Litchfield School District.
Harrington has a Certificate of Advanced Graduate Studies in Educational Leadership from Rivier College. He is certified in elementary education and as a Principal and Superintendent.
Dunbarton School Board Chairman Rene Ouellet said, "We are excited to welcome Owen to the Dunbarton Community. His experiences in curriculum, instruction, and administration make him an excellent candidate for our school."
According to a press release issued by the school board, Harrington was chosen following an extensive search process involving school board members, teachers, support staff, administration and community members.
He is expected to begin on July 1.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Back to school at Keene State - 0
- School board holds hearing on proposed charter school in Windham - 0
- Hill district considering three offers where to send middle, high school students - 0
- Program to help hungry Hudson kids with food packages - 0
- Lebanon College announces cancelation of fall classes - 0
- Robot 'Joe' will be student's eyes, ears in Bow fifth-grader's classroom - 2
- SNHU, NHIA set to merge, public still concerned - 3
- Manchester to raise driver's ed fee to $575 - 0
- Despite opposition from Common Core foes, Manchester school standards OK'd - 2
READER COMMENTS: 1
- NH Fisher Cats slam way to win over Trenton - 0
- Officials hire principal for Golden Brook school - 0
- Derry councilors select semi-finalists for town admin job - 0
- Plaistow begins search for new police chief - 0
- Without an exemption, Goffstown resident must pay high taxes on solar energy panels - 1
- Upcoming selectmen's meeting stirring controversy among Bow's firefighters - 1
- Manchester police to hold ‘Coffee with a Cop’ event - 0
- Manchester police officer finds gun in cyclist’s backpack - 2
- President Obama: Rescue attempt of NH-based journalist James Foley failed - 24
Derry to NH: Take Exit 4A
Editorial: Garcia gains Lambert lies
ISIS beheads NH journalist