Home » News » Public Safety
Woman dies in Belmont crash
Union Leader Correspondent
BELMONT – An adult female driver was killed Friday afternoon after being ejected from her car as it left Route 106 and rolled over near the woods, police said.
Police were called at 1:25 p.m. to the scene of a single-car crash on Route 106 just north of the Gilmanton town line near Stone Road.
A 911 caller said a vehicle heading southbound left the roadway and rolled over after entering the line of woods near the road. Emergency crews from the fire department and several police officers responded to the scene, police said.
The driver was found to have been ejected from her vehicle.
“The driver suffered fatal Injury as a result of the crash,” police said.
The name of the driver is being withheld until next of kin is properly notified.
Police said the investigation into the crash is “open and an active,” and anyone with information or witnesses to the crash is asked to call the Belmont police at 267-8350.
Belmont police were assisted in the investigation by the Belknap County Regional Accident Reconstruction Team and Gilmanton police. The N.H. Department of Transportation assisted with traffic control devices and cones to channel traffic safely though the accident scene.
“During the course of this investigation officers will be looking to determine what contributing factors played a role in this unfortunate event,” said Lt. Richard Mann.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Investigators release sketch of man who may have driven Abigail away - 1
- Supporters ask for patience in Abby Hernandez case while authorities sort it all out - 9
- Package found at Manchester federal building was harmless - 0
- Tractor-trailer carrying glass rolls over at I-93-Route 101 interchange in Manchester - 0
- Contact lost with Air Algerie plane carrying 116 people from Burkina Faso - 0
- New Ipswich man dies in motorcycle, truck collision - 0
- Two hurt in crash on Everett Turnpike involving tractor-trailer - 0
- Lightning likely cause of Manchester apartment building fire - 0
- Motorcyclist seriously injured in Jaffrey crash - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Another View -- Jayne Millerick: Dems scaring women by misleading them on contraception - 0
- Basket case: Saga of a supermarket - 0
- Patriots Notebook: Ongoing renovations in Foxborough - 0
- Three years later, investigation continues into homicide of Celina Cass - 0
- Nashua celebration in the works for Medal of Honor recipient - 0
- Fisher Cats down Senators in road trip opener - 0
- No water for Manchester sewer bill scofflaws? - 0
- New Boston mulch processing plant plans under review - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Defense attorney seeks home confinement for drug addict - 0
Market Basket walkout a future case study
UPDATED: Thousands of Market Basket employees rally; company board issues statement on purchase offer, reaffirms support for new CEOs
Basket case: Saga of a supermarket