Home » News » Public Safety
Woman dies in Belmont crash
Union Leader Correspondent
BELMONT – An adult female driver was killed Friday afternoon after being ejected from her car as it left Route 106 and rolled over near the woods, police said.
Police were called at 1:25 p.m. to the scene of a single-car crash on Route 106 just north of the Gilmanton town line near Stone Road.
A 911 caller said a vehicle heading southbound left the roadway and rolled over after entering the line of woods near the road. Emergency crews from the fire department and several police officers responded to the scene, police said.
The driver was found to have been ejected from her vehicle.
“The driver suffered fatal Injury as a result of the crash,” police said.
The name of the driver is being withheld until next of kin is properly notified.
Police said the investigation into the crash is “open and an active,” and anyone with information or witnesses to the crash is asked to call the Belmont police at 267-8350.
Belmont police were assisted in the investigation by the Belknap County Regional Accident Reconstruction Team and Gilmanton police. The N.H. Department of Transportation assisted with traffic control devices and cones to channel traffic safely though the accident scene.
“During the course of this investigation officers will be looking to determine what contributing factors played a role in this unfortunate event,” said Lt. Richard Mann.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Manchester police to hold ‘Coffee with a Cop’ event - 0
- Keene ordinance against synthetic drugs seems to be working - 0
- Plea deal for woman who allegedly supplied drug hours before Hampton double fatal - 0
- Merrimack rollover sends Mass. driver to hospital - 0
- Suit claims Hudson violates rights of panhandlers - 1
- Driver hits Rochester monument, rolls car and is trapped - 0
- Nashua firefighters put out two fires; 14 people forced out in Palm Street blaze - 0
- Two injured in late night car crash in Londonderry - 0
- Hampton Falls woman charged with striking Rye police officer with her car - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Officials hire principal for Golden Brook school - 0
- Seniors help students start year on the right foot, with the write stuff - 0
- Derry councilors select semi-finalists for town admin job - 0
- Plaistow begins search for new police chief - 0
- Without an exemption, Goffstown resident must pay high taxes on solar energy panels - 1
- Manchester police officer finds gun in cyclist’s backpack - 2
- President Obama: Rescue attempt of NH-based journalist James Foley failed - 7
- Family of slain journalist James Foley calls for more action to save others - 0
- Mark Hayward's City Matters: A short history of the spice trade - 0
Derry to NH: Take Exit 4A
Editorial: Garcia gains Lambert lies
ISIS beheads NH journalist