Home » News » Public Safety
Woman dies in Belmont crash
Union Leader Correspondent
BELMONT – An adult female driver was killed Friday afternoon after being ejected from her car as it left Route 106 and rolled over near the woods, police said.
Police were called at 1:25 p.m. to the scene of a single-car crash on Route 106 just north of the Gilmanton town line near Stone Road.
A 911 caller said a vehicle heading southbound left the roadway and rolled over after entering the line of woods near the road. Emergency crews from the fire department and several police officers responded to the scene, police said.
The driver was found to have been ejected from her vehicle.
“The driver suffered fatal Injury as a result of the crash,” police said.
The name of the driver is being withheld until next of kin is properly notified.
Police said the investigation into the crash is “open and an active,” and anyone with information or witnesses to the crash is asked to call the Belmont police at 267-8350.
Belmont police were assisted in the investigation by the Belknap County Regional Accident Reconstruction Team and Gilmanton police. The N.H. Department of Transportation assisted with traffic control devices and cones to channel traffic safely though the accident scene.
“During the course of this investigation officers will be looking to determine what contributing factors played a role in this unfortunate event,” said Lt. Richard Mann.
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Dozens displaced by Manchester apartment building fire - 3
- Ossipee woman killed in late-night Moultonborough crash - 1
- Danville couple struggling to get back on feet after explosion - 2
- Farmington school evacuated for bomb threat; police say kids are safe - 0
- Claremont elementary school to get safer sidewalks - 0
- Fire leaves Derry family of four homeless - 0
- Homeless man rescues woman who jumped from Granite Street Bridge - 2
- Propane driver saved from waist-deep mud - 0
- Update: Men target practicing face felonies after report of shots fired in Hooksett - 5
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dave D'Onfrio's Patriots Notebook: Finding a way to win - 0
- Sam Asano's Let's Invent: NoNose gets readers talking like nobody's business - 0
- Know the Law: Your trust can be named beneficiary of an IRA - 0
- Another View -- Bill O'Brien: Ask your state rep. to vote for transparency in the House - 0
- Old friends and a 'homeless angel' make for good stories anytime - 0
- Clooney gets it: Sony attack was not a 'crime' - 1
- New coats warm city kids, firefighters' hearts - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Martin, Pinkerton top Salem in tournament - 0
- Inmate reported missing from Concord transitional unit - 0
The Sony hack: Kim's judgment of Obama
Tensions boil over after NYC police killings
'Everybody was extremely fortunate'