Home » News » Public Safety
Identity of Nashua River body still not confirmed
"We are investigating the possibility that they are related," Lt. Michael Moushegian said on Friday.
Dagualberto Arzuaga, 43, was reported missing nearly two months ago after walking a relative's dog near Mine Falls Park. Although the dog returned home, Arzuaga never did, prompting police to search the area and send a dive team into the Nashua River in mid-February.
Despite the previous search, Arzuaga was never located, and has been missing ever since.
It is still unclear how long the man's body was in the water, but police said it did not appear to be a recent incident.
The state medical examiner's office completed an autopsy on the body Friday, however police said the cause of death is being withheld pending official identification of the man. There are a few more elements of the case to confirm before the man's name will be released, explained police.
Spectators gathered around the Nashua River in the area between the Mexican restaurant and the Nashua Public Library on Thursday afternoon to watch as a dive team removed the body from the water.
The body was stuck on a large branch protruding from the water for at least three hours, floating face down while crews attempted to free the body and hoist it onto land.
The body, as it was pulled from the river, appeared to be wearing jeans and boots, but no shirt.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Talk of 'wings on pigs' threats on police tests U.S. speech rights - 0
- Brentwood police look to increase coverage after officer's death in May - 4
- Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm - 39
- Police investigate report of shots fired - 0
- Manchester blaze that left dozens homeless was accidental - 0
- Milford woman injured in Bedford crash - 0
- Park on any side of the street in Manchester during Christmas week - 0
- NYC mayor wants protests on hold after police deaths - 0
- Mother of two says she's lucky, even though condo destroyed in blaze - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two Manchester women arrested in separate shoplifting incidents in Hooksett - 1
- Maine police search car belonging to husband of Londonderry shooting victim - 0
- Man arrested after chase, threatening to shoot police in Bow - 0
- Good Samaritan pins Manchester purse snatcher - 0
- Homeless man who saved woman from river: 'I don't consider myself a hero' - 9
- High School Basketball: Rivalries renewed in QCIBT - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Will they get everything on their list? - 0
- Tuohy brothers add new restaurant in familiar spot - 0
- New Horizons volunteers deliver groceries and good cheer, making Christmas special - 0
Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm
Police say woman tried to steal 15 iPads