Home » News » Public Safety
Identity of Nashua River body still not confirmed
"We are investigating the possibility that they are related," Lt. Michael Moushegian said on Friday.
Dagualberto Arzuaga, 43, was reported missing nearly two months ago after walking a relative's dog near Mine Falls Park. Although the dog returned home, Arzuaga never did, prompting police to search the area and send a dive team into the Nashua River in mid-February.
Despite the previous search, Arzuaga was never located, and has been missing ever since.
It is still unclear how long the man's body was in the water, but police said it did not appear to be a recent incident.
The state medical examiner's office completed an autopsy on the body Friday, however police said the cause of death is being withheld pending official identification of the man. There are a few more elements of the case to confirm before the man's name will be released, explained police.
Spectators gathered around the Nashua River in the area between the Mexican restaurant and the Nashua Public Library on Thursday afternoon to watch as a dive team removed the body from the water.
The body was stuck on a large branch protruding from the water for at least three hours, floating face down while crews attempted to free the body and hoist it onto land.
The body, as it was pulled from the river, appeared to be wearing jeans and boots, but no shirt.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Motorcyclist dies in Route 302 crash - 0
- First Coffee with a Cop session goes smoothly - 0
- Plaistow begins search for new police chief - 0
- Upcoming selectmen's meeting stirring controversy among Bow's firefighters - 2
- Manchester police to hold ‘Coffee with a Cop’ event - 0
- Keene ordinance against synthetic drugs seems to be working - 0
- Plea deal for woman who allegedly supplied drug hours before Hampton double fatal - 1
- Merrimack rollover sends Mass. driver to hospital - 0
- Suit claims Hudson violates rights of panhandlers - 4
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Meredith man faces arson charge in Landmark Inn fire in Laconia - 0
- Three teens sent to area hospitals after crash on Blackwater Road at Rochester-Dover border - 0
- Good Samaritans track down man accused of stealing purse - 0
- Concord man charged in downtown stabbing - 0
- GPS leads police to truck; vehicle breaks lead to arrest - 1
- Traffic signal stop leads to drug arrest in Merrimack - 0
- Brian’s Ride Home benefits Afghanistan veteran - 0
- Red Sox held to one hit as Angels coast to win - 0
- Market Basket: Analysts point to debt - 5
Market Basket: Analysts point to debt
Poll: Brown makes gains on Sen. Shaheen