Home » News » Public Safety
Two women seriously hurt in Epping crash
Police and firefighters work at the scene of a serious two-car accident at the intersection of Route 125 and Old Nottingham Road in Epping Thursday. (Jason Schreiber)
Fire Chief Don DeAngelis said the two female drivers were trapped and had to be extricated from their cars before being flown by medical helicopters to Boston hospitals following the accident at the intersection of routes 125 and 87.
The crash was reported at 10:12 a.m. when firefighters from Concord, Exeter and Franklin were at the Epping fire station for a training class. They joined Epping fire and rescue personnel, along with an Exeter ambulance and Brentwood fire and rescue.
"We had a lot of paramedics in the class," DeAngelis said.
Police Capt. Jason Newman said a preliminary investigation showed that a 2010 Toyota Corolla driven by Megan Barnes, 23, of Epping, was traveling west on Route 87 and may have failed to yield to a 2010 Mazda 6 heading south on Route 125. Police identified the driver of the Mazda as Loretta Gynan, 26, of Nottingham.
Police are still investigating the cause of the accident, and at this point no charges have been filed, Newman said.
One of the women was airlifted from a landing zone at Epping High School, while the second was taken to Exeter Hospital and later flown to a Boston hospital.
Epping firefighter/paramedic Chuck Moorenovich said one of the drivers suffered a head injury, while the other suffered arm, chest and leg injuries.
Their conditions were not known Thursday night.
Both vehicles were totaled in the crash and towed from the scene.
The accident scene was cleared by 11:30 a.m.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Victim identified in fatal Pelham motorcycle accident - 0
- Man killed in Pelham motorcycle accident identified as local man, 24 - 0
- Manchester man seriously injured after driving into oncoming traffic - 0
- Derry police continue to look for missing gun left in courthouse bathroom - 0
- Backyard boulder kills Raymond homeowner - 2
- Merrimack police find car sticking into road, charge man - 0
- Police say impairment and speed not factors in fatal crash in Conway - 0
- Manchester man sustains life-threatening injuries in Bedford crash - 0
- Barrington man, 41, dies in cycle crash - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Boys' Soccer Preview: Talent to boot - 0
- Last call at home for Fisher Cats tonight - 0
- Jessica Goldman was on the move - 0
- Band camp gets Memorial musicians in rhythm a week early - 0
- Drew Cline: Small sleights of hand in Republican primaries around NH - 0
- Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you - 0
- Portman's good point: A leadership deficit all around - 0
- Scott and Genevieve Kelley - 0
- Dan Tuohy's Granite Status: Shaheen takes on illegal immigration - 0
Reports: Market Basket doomsday plan would shutter 61 of 71 stores if deal not struck soon
GOP for legal pot? Hemignway's high help
Ohio's Rob Portman: GOP can win back Senate