Home » News » Public Safety
Two women seriously hurt in Epping crash
Police and firefighters work at the scene of a serious two-car accident at the intersection of Route 125 and Old Nottingham Road in Epping Thursday. (Jason Schreiber)
Fire Chief Don DeAngelis said the two female drivers were trapped and had to be extricated from their cars before being flown by medical helicopters to Boston hospitals following the accident at the intersection of routes 125 and 87.
The crash was reported at 10:12 a.m. when firefighters from Concord, Exeter and Franklin were at the Epping fire station for a training class. They joined Epping fire and rescue personnel, along with an Exeter ambulance and Brentwood fire and rescue.
"We had a lot of paramedics in the class," DeAngelis said.
Police Capt. Jason Newman said a preliminary investigation showed that a 2010 Toyota Corolla driven by Megan Barnes, 23, of Epping, was traveling west on Route 87 and may have failed to yield to a 2010 Mazda 6 heading south on Route 125. Police identified the driver of the Mazda as Loretta Gynan, 26, of Nottingham.
Police are still investigating the cause of the accident, and at this point no charges have been filed, Newman said.
One of the women was airlifted from a landing zone at Epping High School, while the second was taken to Exeter Hospital and later flown to a Boston hospital.
Epping firefighter/paramedic Chuck Moorenovich said one of the drivers suffered a head injury, while the other suffered arm, chest and leg injuries.
Their conditions were not known Thursday night.
Both vehicles were totaled in the crash and towed from the scene.
The accident scene was cleared by 11:30 a.m.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Father of missing Conway teen says he wants custody of his daughter - 0
- Mass. man safe after crashing plane into Lake Winnipesaukee - 0
- Lebanon police lieutenant resigns during internal probe into faking of fitness test results - 0
- Hampton man still in critical condition from Rte. 125 crash - 0
- UPDATE: Pilot OK after Lake Winnipesaukee plane crash - 0
- Hampton man in critical condition after crash on Route 125 - 0
- Concord water main break diverts traffic - 0
- Claremont convent ravaged by fire to be razed - 0
- Hampton woman pulled from truck, in hospital after I-95 crash - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Londonderry councilors critical of town’s economic development website - 0
- Candia teen faces more counts in connection with burglary - 0
- Suspect arrested, loot recovered 10 minutes after Derry bank robbery - 0
- Ellsbury propels Yanks over Sox - 0
- Bruins shut out Wings - 0
- Phaneuf leads Derryfield laxers past Pelham - 0
- High School Volleyball results - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Teen recruited juvenile for burglaries - 0
- Cell phones, speakers stolen in separate incidents - 0
Younger of two brothers convicted of murdering parents quietly released after 18 years in prison
Shaheen touts land conservation fund
Bruins shut out Wings
High School Volleyball results
Prepare to pay more to park in Manchester
Secret arrests? Not if we can help it
Latest Groton wind farm fight: Snow plowing