Home » News » Public Safety
No ID yet for officers in Walpole shooting
Rundles stayed mum on other details surrounding the death of Larry A. Bohannon, 51, citing the ongoing investigation into the circumstances surrounding his death.
Bohannon died from gunshot wounds to the head, chest and abdomen on March 29.
Bohannon had allegedly robbed a store at gun point in Bellows Falls, Vt. earlier in the day. When he fled into New Hampshire, Alstead and Walpole officers pursued his vehicle until they were able to stop him on Upper Walpole Road in Walpole, where the shooting occurred.
Rundles would not identify the shooter, only saying that Alstead and Walpole officers were the only police on the scene.
"When an officer is involved in the discharging of a firearm that results in either the death or injury of another person," the officer is relieved from duty, "until he or she is ready to go back to regular police work."
Rundles would not comment on whether Bohannon had a firearm.
"We're not releasing any further details surrounding the shooting yet," she said.
Results of the investigation are expected to be released early next week, she said.
Lebanon police Lt. Phil Roberts said Thursday his department is looking into whether Bohannon committed two unsolved armed robberies that took place in March.
In both the March 8 robbery of the Little Store on School Street and the March 27 robbery of the Family Dollar store in the Miracle Mile Plaza, witnesses said a white man, about 6 feet tall, brandished a handgun and demanded money.
When asked if Bohannon was being investigated for unsolved Keene crimes, Keene police referred questions to the Attorney General's Office.
Bohannon had a criminal record. In 1994 he received two concurrent 20-year sentences for a kidnapping conviction in Sullivan County and a bail-jumping conviction out of Cheshire County.
Bohannon was first paroled on the sentences in 1996, then returned to jail two more times for technical parole violations.
He had been wanted as a fugitive from justice since July 2011 when he failed to meet with his parole officer.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Victim identified in fatal Pelham motorcycle accident - 0
- Man killed in Pelham motorcycle accident identified as local man, 24 - 0
- Manchester man seriously injured after driving into oncoming traffic - 0
- Derry police continue to look for missing gun left in courthouse bathroom - 0
- Backyard boulder kills Raymond homeowner - 2
- Merrimack police find car sticking into road, charge man - 0
- Police say impairment and speed not factors in fatal crash in Conway - 0
- Manchester man sustains life-threatening injuries in Bedford crash - 0
- Barrington man, 41, dies in cycle crash - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Boys' Soccer Preview: Talent to boot - 0
- Last call at home for Fisher Cats tonight - 0
- Jessica Goldman was on the move - 0
- Band camp gets Memorial musicians in rhythm a week early - 0
- Drew Cline: Small sleights of hand in Republican primaries around NH - 0
- Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you - 0
- Portman's good point: A leadership deficit all around - 0
- Scott and Genevieve Kelley - 0
- Market Basket deal reached; Arthur T. Demoulas to return - 1
Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you
Reports: Market Basket doomsday plan would shutter 61 of 71 stores if deal not struck soon
GOP for legal pot? Hemignway's high help