Home » News » Public Safety
One dead in crash involving logging truck in Milan
Twenty-four hours after that 4:30 p.m. crash, New Hampshire State Police were still unavailable to disclose further information, including the identities of three people involved. A third driver was injured in a second accident while trying to avoid the initial crash, state police said.
In that initial release of information, troopers Adam Labonte and Dan Quartulli said firefighters were already working to extinguish the fire when the troopers reached the scene.
Their investigation showed that a 1995 Dodge pickup had been headed east on Route 110 in West Milan, which is north of the city of Berlin when it collided with the logging truck that had been headed west in the direction of Northumberland.
Berlin Ambulance personnel treated both the logging truck driver and the third driver at the scene and released them, according to police.
It was not made public whether the drivers were male or female, their towns of residence were not disclosed, and police did not release their ages.
In addition to state police and Berlin Ambulance, members of the Milan Fire Department, the Berlin Police Department, the New Hampshire Department of Transportation, the New Hampshire Fire Marshal's Office, the Gorham Fire Department, the New Hampshire Medical Examiner's Office and the Coos County Sheriff's Department responded to the crash scene.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Motorcyclist suffers minor injuries in Saturday crash in Laconia - 0
- 18-year-old located with mother, brother on Mount Monadnock - 0
- Two killed in North Hampton plane crash - 0
- New fire training facility proposed in Nashua - 0
- 2 die in North Hampton plane crash - 0
- NH police on lookout for drunken drivers - 5
- Marine Patrol called to multiple crashes - 0
- Hiker rescued on Mount Monadnock - 0
- Laconia accident results in minor injuries for motorcyclist - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Motorcyclist, passenger seriously hurt in Derry crash - 0
- I-93 driver clocked at 120 mph, charged with transporting drugs - 0
- Executive Council to consider raising dollar threshold for contracts - 0
- West Lebanon man accused of secretly recording child - 0
- Prosecutors seek to block documents from advisor's fraud trial - 0
- Former EMT receives probation for theft of fentanyl - 0
- Week of NH debates kicks off - 0
- Sanders talks middle class revivial at Labor Day breakfast - 0
- Phils' Hamels, three relievers no-hit Braves; Papelbon closes it out - 0
'Gronk' gets OK for Pats' opener
DWI License Revocations