Home » News » Public Safety
One dead in crash involving logging truck in Milan
Twenty-four hours after that 4:30 p.m. crash, New Hampshire State Police were still unavailable to disclose further information, including the identities of three people involved. A third driver was injured in a second accident while trying to avoid the initial crash, state police said.
In that initial release of information, troopers Adam Labonte and Dan Quartulli said firefighters were already working to extinguish the fire when the troopers reached the scene.
Their investigation showed that a 1995 Dodge pickup had been headed east on Route 110 in West Milan, which is north of the city of Berlin when it collided with the logging truck that had been headed west in the direction of Northumberland.
Berlin Ambulance personnel treated both the logging truck driver and the third driver at the scene and released them, according to police.
It was not made public whether the drivers were male or female, their towns of residence were not disclosed, and police did not release their ages.
In addition to state police and Berlin Ambulance, members of the Milan Fire Department, the Berlin Police Department, the New Hampshire Department of Transportation, the New Hampshire Fire Marshal's Office, the Gorham Fire Department, the New Hampshire Medical Examiner's Office and the Coos County Sheriff's Department responded to the crash scene.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Victim identified in fatal Pelham motorcycle accident - 0
- Man killed in Pelham motorcycle accident identified as local man, 24 - 0
- Manchester man seriously injured after driving into oncoming traffic - 0
- Derry police continue to look for missing gun left in courthouse bathroom - 0
- Backyard boulder kills Raymond homeowner - 2
- Merrimack police find car sticking into road, charge man - 0
- Police say impairment and speed not factors in fatal crash in Conway - 0
- Manchester man sustains life-threatening injuries in Bedford crash - 0
- Barrington man, 41, dies in cycle crash - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Boys' Soccer Preview: Talent to boot - 0
- Last call at home for Fisher Cats tonight - 0
- Jessica Goldman was on the move - 0
- Band camp gets Memorial musicians in rhythm a week early - 0
- Drew Cline: Small sleights of hand in Republican primaries around NH - 0
- Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you - 0
- Portman's good point: A leadership deficit all around - 0
- Scott and Genevieve Kelley - 0
- Dan Tuohy's Granite Status: Shaheen takes on illegal immigration - 0
Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you
Reports: Market Basket doomsday plan would shutter 61 of 71 stores if deal not struck soon
GOP for legal pot? Hemignway's high help