Home » News » Public Safety
One dead in crash involving logging truck in Milan
Twenty-four hours after that 4:30 p.m. crash, New Hampshire State Police were still unavailable to disclose further information, including the identities of three people involved. A third driver was injured in a second accident while trying to avoid the initial crash, state police said.
In that initial release of information, troopers Adam Labonte and Dan Quartulli said firefighters were already working to extinguish the fire when the troopers reached the scene.
Their investigation showed that a 1995 Dodge pickup had been headed east on Route 110 in West Milan, which is north of the city of Berlin when it collided with the logging truck that had been headed west in the direction of Northumberland.
Berlin Ambulance personnel treated both the logging truck driver and the third driver at the scene and released them, according to police.
It was not made public whether the drivers were male or female, their towns of residence were not disclosed, and police did not release their ages.
In addition to state police and Berlin Ambulance, members of the Milan Fire Department, the Berlin Police Department, the New Hampshire Department of Transportation, the New Hampshire Fire Marshal's Office, the Gorham Fire Department, the New Hampshire Medical Examiner's Office and the Coos County Sheriff's Department responded to the crash scene.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police ready to make a wardrobe change - 0
- Man, 41, dies after his car hits utility pole by Nashua library - 0
- Derry fire displaces five - 0
- Two fall about 50 feet from Crotched Mountain ski lift - 1
- Three-alarm fire levels Loudon garage - 0
- Man, 41, dies when car hits pole in front of Nashua Library - 0
- Windsor man seriously injured in Bennington crash with logging truck - 0
- Hollis teen mourned after fatal crash on turnpike - 1
- AG reports progress in search for Hernandez; defends not releasing sensitive information - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sports Briefs: Broncos’ Welker to miss tonight’s game - 0
- Doc has his night in Boston - 0
- Airlines, weapon makers were the best for shareholders in 2013 - 0
- FDA unveils plan to rein in antibiotics on farms - 0
- Outlet malls: Not what they used to be - 0
- Calif. outlaws ‘revenge porn' - 0
- Kuster launches 'Holiday Cards for Heroes' - 0
- Minor bus accident in Derry blamed on icy roads - 0
- Mega Millions jackpot expected to reach $400m - 0
'From Bimah to Broadway' in Queen City
Win tickets to see Medium Lauren Rainbow
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072