Home » News » Public Safety
One dead in crash involving logging truck in Milan
Twenty-four hours after that 4:30 p.m. crash, New Hampshire State Police were still unavailable to disclose further information, including the identities of three people involved. A third driver was injured in a second accident while trying to avoid the initial crash, state police said.
In that initial release of information, troopers Adam Labonte and Dan Quartulli said firefighters were already working to extinguish the fire when the troopers reached the scene.
Their investigation showed that a 1995 Dodge pickup had been headed east on Route 110 in West Milan, which is north of the city of Berlin when it collided with the logging truck that had been headed west in the direction of Northumberland.
Berlin Ambulance personnel treated both the logging truck driver and the third driver at the scene and released them, according to police.
It was not made public whether the drivers were male or female, their towns of residence were not disclosed, and police did not release their ages.
In addition to state police and Berlin Ambulance, members of the Milan Fire Department, the Berlin Police Department, the New Hampshire Department of Transportation, the New Hampshire Fire Marshal's Office, the Gorham Fire Department, the New Hampshire Medical Examiner's Office and the Coos County Sheriff's Department responded to the crash scene.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Search for missing swimmer halted in Bristol, to continue Tuesday - 0
- UPDATED: State Police bomb squad called to Manchester West High for plastic bottles of solvent - 0
- Swanzey man pulled from fire in serious condition - 0
- Man dies in Northumberland crash - 0
- Power restored to Hooksett and Candia - 0
- Fire destroys Hanover home - 0
- Chester teen suffers serious injuries in dirt bike accident - 0
- AG continues investigation in search for missing Abby Hernandez - 0
- Pair sent to Massachusetts hospital for serious burns following grease fire in Milton home - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Boston marks anniversary of bombing with somber ceremonies - 0
- Warning issued to teens taking the ‘Polar Plunge’ challenge - 0
- Rochester man arrested after crash in Somersworth - 0
- Dover man accused of trying to sexually assault a girl - 0
- Top Manchester school officials no longer must live in city - 7
- Vote: ‘No nit’ policy relaxed for Manchester schools - 3
- License revocations for DWI announced - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat Hopefully, this too shall pass - 0
- Poll: More than 25% haven't heard of Northern Pass; mixed attitudes for others - 8
License revocations for DWI announced
Berlin BioPower plant coming up to speed
Rep. Shea-Porter honored for efforts to aid in health care by National Association of Community Health Centers