Home » News » Public Safety
One dead in crash involving logging truck in Milan
Twenty-four hours after that 4:30 p.m. crash, New Hampshire State Police were still unavailable to disclose further information, including the identities of three people involved. A third driver was injured in a second accident while trying to avoid the initial crash, state police said.
In that initial release of information, troopers Adam Labonte and Dan Quartulli said firefighters were already working to extinguish the fire when the troopers reached the scene.
Their investigation showed that a 1995 Dodge pickup had been headed east on Route 110 in West Milan, which is north of the city of Berlin when it collided with the logging truck that had been headed west in the direction of Northumberland.
Berlin Ambulance personnel treated both the logging truck driver and the third driver at the scene and released them, according to police.
It was not made public whether the drivers were male or female, their towns of residence were not disclosed, and police did not release their ages.
In addition to state police and Berlin Ambulance, members of the Milan Fire Department, the Berlin Police Department, the New Hampshire Department of Transportation, the New Hampshire Fire Marshal's Office, the Gorham Fire Department, the New Hampshire Medical Examiner's Office and the Coos County Sheriff's Department responded to the crash scene.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Merrimack fire quickly doused - 0
- UPDATED: One seriously hurt, 12 homeless after early morning Manchester fire - 0
- Snowmobiler injured while riding on Thornton golf course - 0
- Dartmouth under fire for response to incidents of rape on campus - 0
- NH hospital personnel to train for disasters - 0
- Snowmobiler dies; 4th fatality of season - 0
- Driver seriously injured in Londonderry wreck - 0
- Dover snowmobiler dies in Barnstead crash - 0
- Most property owners clear hydrants of snow - 0
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Parents share what 'CJ' taught them - 0
- Gilford High junior surprised by Francis Wayland Parker honor - 0
- Police bill disputed by Stewartstown and Colebrook ends up in court - 0
- New to Nottingham, fire victims plan to stay - 0
- Arts-based charter high school in Derry begins accepting applications - 0
- Troy voters accept community center donation - 0
- Voters support Bow School District articles - 0
- License revocations for DWI announced - 0
- Nashua mayor: Greeley Park is right spot for playground - 0
Police at scene of Center Ossipee shooting
New to Nottingham, fire victims plan to stay
Litchfield man found stabbed
Scott Brown's latest step stirs the pot
Hooksett's choices: Leave them to parents