Home » Opinion » Editorials
Nashua's tower saved, but not by Obama
Earlier this week, the President flew to Colorado to campaign for tougher gun control laws, then on to San Francisco for a Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee fundraiser. At $179,750 per hour to fly Air Force One, National Review Online's Jim Geraghty pegged the cost of this week's trip at roughly $1.4 million. That is enough money to keep Nashua's tower open for years (it costs about $1,000 a day to run).
As Deroy Murdock notes elsewhere on this page, Vice President Biden could have stayed for free in the U.S. ambassador's 60,000-square-foot residence during his recent trip to Paris. Instead, Shotgun Joe opted for a Paris hotel - at a cost of $585,000.
Late last month, as Nashua officials pleaded with Washington to keep the tower open, USAID awarded a grant of $3.8 million to assist in the creation of a new pension system - in Armenia, Geraghty also reported.
Three flight schools are based at Nashua. Without air traffic control, student and new pilots would have to navigate the skies (which are traversed by commercial flights out of Manchester-Boston Regional Airport) by themselves. Obama might want to ponder that.
READER COMMENTS: 29
- Smith schools Hassan: Leadership in Londonderry - 0
- Where officers live: Manchester is missing the point - 4
- Leo Bernier: For Hillsborough County Commission - 0
- Insurance exchanges Sam's Club or Obama's club? - 11
- Garcia and Guinta: For a change, send them to DC - 22
- Jeanne's travel ban: She doesn't want Obama here - 14
- Making it up: Shameless state Senate attacks - 9
- Fixing Obamacare: Shaheen offers no way out - 41
- Team Obama: Faking right, voting left - 26
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Shaheen, Brown supporters gather at final debate - 2
- Senate candidates sharply divided on Islamic threat, Ebola, Obamacare - 18
- Stocks up on GDP, earnings - 0
- Rocket blast damps Orbital as commercial space rush lures rivals - 0
- Former Farmington fire chief waives arraignment on theft charges - 0
- $50k bail for two charged with beating pizza delivery man - 0
- Latest round of riot arrests includes 5 Keene State students - 0
- 2 Manchester health service groups announce merger - 0
- FinneRageTV uses Keene for promotion - 0
Trump fired up over NH mailer