NH Audubon's Rare Bird Alert
A pair of gadwall, and a pair of northern pintails were seen at Horseshoe Pond in Concord during the past week.
Ring-necked ducks, wood ducks, common goldeneyes, hooded mergansers, and common mergansers continue to be seen in good numbers in open water areas.
Thirteen fish crows were reported from Horseshoe Pond in Concord on April 3.
Fox sparrows are being reported from many locations, some with multiple birds including eight being seen in one yard in Amherst.
Numerous tree swallows have been seen during the past week, with the first report of the season coming from Nashua on March 29.
There were several sightings of American woodcock, killdeer, and Wilson's snipe, as well as a few American kestrels, merlins, ospreys, and northern harriers, all during the past week.
An eastern phoebe was seen in Penacook on April 1, and one was seen in Rochester on April 3.
This information is also available by phone recording: call 224-9909 and press 2 as directed or ask to be transferred. If you have seen any interesting birds recently, you can leave a message at the end of the recording or send your sightings to the RBA via e-mail at: email@example.com. Please put either "bird sighting" or "Rare Bird Alert" in the subject line and be sure to include your mailing address and phone number. The RBA is also available on-line at the New Hampshire Audubon web site, www.nhaudubon.org.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Mount Jasper work celebrated with trailhead ceremony - 0
- Keene Pumpkin Festival has uncertain future - 2
- Inaugural 'Mushtoberfest' a howling success at Jericho Mountain State Park - 0
- NH Senior News: Maple Suites in Dover hosting free seminar to look at cost of dementia care - 0
- Not-so-scary fun at Hudson's Kiwanis PumpkinFest - 0
- Woman donates cleaning services to cancer patients - 0
- Keene 'Dump Derby' participants pick up 20,000 pumpkins - 0
- Taking pride in their recovery - 0
- Route 101 In Auburn Renamed For 101st Airborne 'Screaming Eagles' - 0
Keene Pumpkin Festival has uncertain future
Fall hikers throughout NH put on notice
NH's back-road rest areas fading away
A sad dog story, borders and Ebola
Shaheen, in Hooksett, rallies with union
On Obamacare: Shaheen doesn't get it
What rising tide? Kuster vs. Kennedy
After riots, soul-searching begins