NH Audubon's Rare Bird Alert
A pair of gadwall, and a pair of northern pintails were seen at Horseshoe Pond in Concord during the past week.
Ring-necked ducks, wood ducks, common goldeneyes, hooded mergansers, and common mergansers continue to be seen in good numbers in open water areas.
Thirteen fish crows were reported from Horseshoe Pond in Concord on April 3.
Fox sparrows are being reported from many locations, some with multiple birds including eight being seen in one yard in Amherst.
Numerous tree swallows have been seen during the past week, with the first report of the season coming from Nashua on March 29.
There were several sightings of American woodcock, killdeer, and Wilson's snipe, as well as a few American kestrels, merlins, ospreys, and northern harriers, all during the past week.
An eastern phoebe was seen in Penacook on April 1, and one was seen in Rochester on April 3.
This information is also available by phone recording: call 224-9909 and press 2 as directed or ask to be transferred. If you have seen any interesting birds recently, you can leave a message at the end of the recording or send your sightings to the RBA via e-mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put either "bird sighting" or "Rare Bird Alert" in the subject line and be sure to include your mailing address and phone number. The RBA is also available on-line at the New Hampshire Audubon web site, www.nhaudubon.org.
- Rock N' Blues Fest Roars Into Plymouth - 0
- 2015/2016 Season Passes Now on Sale for Crotched Mountain - 0
- Make 12 Hours Count: Radio-Thon to Benefit Veterans Count - 0
- Bass Pro Shops Sponsors Fishing Seminar for High School Students - 0
- Loeb School Offers Workshop for Freelance Writers - 0
- Ryan Cabrera releases long-awaited EP 'Wake Up Beautiful' - 0
- NH Club Notes: NH Rail Transit Authority focus of Lions’ program - 0
- Office of the Consumer Advocate plans public session - 0
- New Hampshire Easter Egg Hunts 2015 - 0
British Metal Legends SAXON Announce 'Warriors of the Road' U.S. Tour with Armored Saint, Select Dates with Judas PriestREADER COMMENTS: 0
New Hampshire Easter Egg Hunts 2015
A new favorite spot for classy seafood
Win tickets to see Black Label Society
NH delegation stands with Israel