NH Audubon's Rare Bird Alert
A pair of gadwall, and a pair of northern pintails were seen at Horseshoe Pond in Concord during the past week.
Ring-necked ducks, wood ducks, common goldeneyes, hooded mergansers, and common mergansers continue to be seen in good numbers in open water areas.
Thirteen fish crows were reported from Horseshoe Pond in Concord on April 3.
Fox sparrows are being reported from many locations, some with multiple birds including eight being seen in one yard in Amherst.
Numerous tree swallows have been seen during the past week, with the first report of the season coming from Nashua on March 29.
There were several sightings of American woodcock, killdeer, and Wilson's snipe, as well as a few American kestrels, merlins, ospreys, and northern harriers, all during the past week.
An eastern phoebe was seen in Penacook on April 1, and one was seen in Rochester on April 3.
This information is also available by phone recording: call 224-9909 and press 2 as directed or ask to be transferred. If you have seen any interesting birds recently, you can leave a message at the end of the recording or send your sightings to the RBA via e-mail at: email@example.com. Please put either "bird sighting" or "Rare Bird Alert" in the subject line and be sure to include your mailing address and phone number. The RBA is also available on-line at the New Hampshire Audubon web site, www.nhaudubon.org.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Bow officer on Mount Everest climb survives avalanche - 0
- Ice Out Declared on Forest Lake - 0
- Lake Winnipesaukee ice-out expected today - 0
- The 2014 winners of the Manchester Historic Association historic preservation awards - 0
- Perkins retiring from Jackson Ski Touring Foundation - 0
- Earth Day events sprouting up in Milton this week - 0
- AHEAD program hits $50K mark for housing initiative - 0
- Hooksett voters sound off on rejected Pinkerton contract - 0
- Cannon closes out season with 46 trails open - 0
Shaheen touts land conservation fund
Lake Winnipesaukee ice-out expected today
Ice Out Declared on Forest Lake
Win tickets to see Comedian Mike Birbiglia!
Win tickets to see The Monkees!
Preston's 'Idol' adventure goes on
Younger of two brothers convicted of murdering parents quietly released after 18 years in prison
Secret arrests? Not if we can help it
Prepare to pay more to park in Manchester