Home » News » Politics » Primary 2014 Blog
NH Audubon's Rare Bird Alert
A pair of gadwall, and a pair of northern pintails were seen at Horseshoe Pond in Concord during the past week.
Ring-necked ducks, wood ducks, common goldeneyes, hooded mergansers, and common mergansers continue to be seen in good numbers in open water areas.
Thirteen fish crows were reported from Horseshoe Pond in Concord on April 3.
Fox sparrows are being reported from many locations, some with multiple birds including eight being seen in one yard in Amherst.
Numerous tree swallows have been seen during the past week, with the first report of the season coming from Nashua on March 29.
There were several sightings of American woodcock, killdeer, and Wilson's snipe, as well as a few American kestrels, merlins, ospreys, and northern harriers, all during the past week.
An eastern phoebe was seen in Penacook on April 1, and one was seen in Rochester on April 3.
This information is also available by phone recording: call 224-9909 and press 2 as directed or ask to be transferred. If you have seen any interesting birds recently, you can leave a message at the end of the recording or send your sightings to the RBA via e-mail at: email@example.com. Please put either "bird sighting" or "Rare Bird Alert" in the subject line and be sure to include your mailing address and phone number. The RBA is also available on-line at the New Hampshire Audubon web site, www.nhaudubon.org.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Community forum to address economic development trends - 0
- Windham to consider growth management ordinance - 0
- Hard cider, and revisiting an original - 0
- Atmosphere, value at the Riverworks - 0
- Land buy allows Devriendt Farm to expand, evolve - 0
- Mountain bikers ot just spinning their wheels - 0
- NH council seeks to honor top cultural life contributors with '40 Over 40' award - 0
- Littleton's Mt. Eustis Ski Hill to return - 0
- Enter to win tickets for Legend of Love Rebroadcast - 0
Enter to win tickets to see Ani DiFranco
Fall hikers throughout NH put on notice
Hard cider, and revisiting an original
Littleton's Mt. Eustis Ski Hill to return
Hillary Clinton to join Shaheen fundraiser
State surplus isn't big enough
Weare police sergeant's firing rescinded
Racism in Lincoln? Looks more like ignorance