Home » News » Public Safety
NH Audubon's Rare Bird Alert
A pair of gadwall, and a pair of northern pintails were seen at Horseshoe Pond in Concord during the past week.
Ring-necked ducks, wood ducks, common goldeneyes, hooded mergansers, and common mergansers continue to be seen in good numbers in open water areas.
Thirteen fish crows were reported from Horseshoe Pond in Concord on April 3.
Fox sparrows are being reported from many locations, some with multiple birds including eight being seen in one yard in Amherst.
Numerous tree swallows have been seen during the past week, with the first report of the season coming from Nashua on March 29.
There were several sightings of American woodcock, killdeer, and Wilson's snipe, as well as a few American kestrels, merlins, ospreys, and northern harriers, all during the past week.
An eastern phoebe was seen in Penacook on April 1, and one was seen in Rochester on April 3.
This information is also available by phone recording: call 224-9909 and press 2 as directed or ask to be transferred. If you have seen any interesting birds recently, you can leave a message at the end of the recording or send your sightings to the RBA via e-mail at: email@example.com. Please put either "bird sighting" or "Rare Bird Alert" in the subject line and be sure to include your mailing address and phone number. The RBA is also available on-line at the New Hampshire Audubon web site, www.nhaudubon.org.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Keene to appeal Robin Hood rulings - 0
- Rock My Soul performs - 0
- Revels North in Hanover - 0
- Bluegrass Christmas Concert set for Saturday - 0
- Take a stroll through centuries of Seacoast history this weekend - 0
- G.I. Holiday Jukebox in Manchester - 0
- For Art's Sake fundraiser garners $20,000 for NH organizations, more - 0
- 'Frost Heaves' brings holiday hilarity back to town with illuminating ride through small-town New Hampshire - 0
- Pemigewasset Choral Society plans Gilford, Franklin, Plymouth shows - 0
'From Bimah to Broadway' in Queen City
Win tickets to see Medium Lauren Rainbow
Win tickets to see Disney on Ice!
Peterborough seniors know they have friends
Keene to appeal Robin Hood rulings
Big tipper stops for lunch
North country inns baking up sweet treat
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false
Driver was trying to kill himself
NH reps eyeing budget deal