NH Audubon's Rare Bird Alert
A pair of gadwall, and a pair of northern pintails were seen at Horseshoe Pond in Concord during the past week.
Ring-necked ducks, wood ducks, common goldeneyes, hooded mergansers, and common mergansers continue to be seen in good numbers in open water areas.
Thirteen fish crows were reported from Horseshoe Pond in Concord on April 3.
Fox sparrows are being reported from many locations, some with multiple birds including eight being seen in one yard in Amherst.
Numerous tree swallows have been seen during the past week, with the first report of the season coming from Nashua on March 29.
There were several sightings of American woodcock, killdeer, and Wilson's snipe, as well as a few American kestrels, merlins, ospreys, and northern harriers, all during the past week.
An eastern phoebe was seen in Penacook on April 1, and one was seen in Rochester on April 3.
This information is also available by phone recording: call 224-9909 and press 2 as directed or ask to be transferred. If you have seen any interesting birds recently, you can leave a message at the end of the recording or send your sightings to the RBA via e-mail at: email@example.com. Please put either "bird sighting" or "Rare Bird Alert" in the subject line and be sure to include your mailing address and phone number. The RBA is also available on-line at the New Hampshire Audubon web site, www.nhaudubon.org.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Islay Mist Ceilidh to perform in Colebrook - 0
- Audubon to host spring breakfast - 0
- Two 'Sultans of Swing' re-team for North American tour that includes NH stop - 0
- Jason Bonham's Led Zeppelin experience brings musical legacy to the ballroom - 0
- Rani Arbo and Daisy Mayhem to present workshops in north country - 0
- Dakota Dave Hull to perform in Dover - 0
- Vintage posters go on view, silent auction block at AVA in Lebanon - 0
- Role-playing fantasy gamers to take over Portsmouth stage - 0
- A visit to Bisson's includes maple sundaes - 0
New Hampshire Club News in Brief
Weekend Top 10 Planner
Win tickets to see Jillian Michaels
Win tickets to see Craig Ferguson
Elton John's greatest hits on the big screen
Minimum wages: Maximum spin
Hooksett votes down Pinkerton schools deal
Hooksett has five new school board members
A CIA bombshell: Feinstein and the Fourth