NH Audubon's Rare Bird Alert
A pair of gadwall, and a pair of northern pintails were seen at Horseshoe Pond in Concord during the past week.
Ring-necked ducks, wood ducks, common goldeneyes, hooded mergansers, and common mergansers continue to be seen in good numbers in open water areas.
Thirteen fish crows were reported from Horseshoe Pond in Concord on April 3.
Fox sparrows are being reported from many locations, some with multiple birds including eight being seen in one yard in Amherst.
Numerous tree swallows have been seen during the past week, with the first report of the season coming from Nashua on March 29.
There were several sightings of American woodcock, killdeer, and Wilson's snipe, as well as a few American kestrels, merlins, ospreys, and northern harriers, all during the past week.
An eastern phoebe was seen in Penacook on April 1, and one was seen in Rochester on April 3.
This information is also available by phone recording: call 224-9909 and press 2 as directed or ask to be transferred. If you have seen any interesting birds recently, you can leave a message at the end of the recording or send your sightings to the RBA via e-mail at: email@example.com. Please put either "bird sighting" or "Rare Bird Alert" in the subject line and be sure to include your mailing address and phone number. The RBA is also available on-line at the New Hampshire Audubon web site, www.nhaudubon.org.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Rail rehab proposed for 42 miles of track - 0
- Stork Project labor of love for Hollis woman - 0
- More flights at Manchester airport - 0
- Platinum Selling Rockers TRAPT Set To Release 'The Acoustic Collection' Sept. 23rd - 0
- Eight environments to explore this Fall by foot - 0
- Friends of Stark Park in Manchester honored for preservation work - 0
- Londonderry police and firefighters rise to fundraising challenge - 0
- ‘When to call 911,’ a topic of Nashua Seniors Count workshop - 0
- Bedford scientist a laser pioneer - 0
Win tickets to see ZZ Top
Riding the indoor surfing wave
Rail rehab proposed for 42 miles of track
Win tickets to see Ziggy Marley
More flights at Manchester airport
Win tickets to see Cher's D2K Tour
Bikers say under-30 generation isn't interested, and can't afford many of the top motorcycles
Win tickets to see Kenny Wayne Shepherd
Free state garden: Weeding is always good
Judge slams spice search
Market Basket: On the brink again
NH's immigrants: Welcome the ones from Mass.
Whole Foods poised to open in Nashua
Pope’s call-out Where’s the Muslim outrage?
Manchester judge: Open store that sold spice