NH Audubon's Rare Bird Alert
A pair of gadwall, and a pair of northern pintails were seen at Horseshoe Pond in Concord during the past week.
Ring-necked ducks, wood ducks, common goldeneyes, hooded mergansers, and common mergansers continue to be seen in good numbers in open water areas.
Thirteen fish crows were reported from Horseshoe Pond in Concord on April 3.
Fox sparrows are being reported from many locations, some with multiple birds including eight being seen in one yard in Amherst.
Numerous tree swallows have been seen during the past week, with the first report of the season coming from Nashua on March 29.
There were several sightings of American woodcock, killdeer, and Wilson's snipe, as well as a few American kestrels, merlins, ospreys, and northern harriers, all during the past week.
An eastern phoebe was seen in Penacook on April 1, and one was seen in Rochester on April 3.
This information is also available by phone recording: call 224-9909 and press 2 as directed or ask to be transferred. If you have seen any interesting birds recently, you can leave a message at the end of the recording or send your sightings to the RBA via e-mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put either "bird sighting" or "Rare Bird Alert" in the subject line and be sure to include your mailing address and phone number. The RBA is also available on-line at the New Hampshire Audubon web site, www.nhaudubon.org.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Rosaly Bass' Peterborough kitchen garden grew to a certified organic 25-acre farm - 0
- Proposed development on Wayfarer site gets green light from conservation group - 0
- Baseball icon Zimmer remembered in Windham - 0
- Salem residents can register to vote Tuesday night at municipal office - 0
- Francestown marks Labor Day with almost century-old fete - 0
- Senior News Briefs: AARP event to help women take charge of their futures - 0
- Marie Sletterink celebrates 100th birthday - 0
- Salem considers bonding project with private bank - 0
- Rickety Ranch offers sanctuary for kids, animals - 0
NH's teen pregnancy still lowest nationwide
Enter to win tickets to see Paula Poundstone
Win tickets to see Ziggy Marley
Win tickets to see Steven Wright