NH Audubon's Rare Bird Alert
A pair of gadwall, and a pair of northern pintails were seen at Horseshoe Pond in Concord during the past week.
Ring-necked ducks, wood ducks, common goldeneyes, hooded mergansers, and common mergansers continue to be seen in good numbers in open water areas.
Thirteen fish crows were reported from Horseshoe Pond in Concord on April 3.
Fox sparrows are being reported from many locations, some with multiple birds including eight being seen in one yard in Amherst.
Numerous tree swallows have been seen during the past week, with the first report of the season coming from Nashua on March 29.
There were several sightings of American woodcock, killdeer, and Wilson's snipe, as well as a few American kestrels, merlins, ospreys, and northern harriers, all during the past week.
An eastern phoebe was seen in Penacook on April 1, and one was seen in Rochester on April 3.
This information is also available by phone recording: call 224-9909 and press 2 as directed or ask to be transferred. If you have seen any interesting birds recently, you can leave a message at the end of the recording or send your sightings to the RBA via e-mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put either "bird sighting" or "Rare Bird Alert" in the subject line and be sure to include your mailing address and phone number. The RBA is also available on-line at the New Hampshire Audubon web site, www.nhaudubon.org.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Mt. Washington warning: Spring a time of danger - 0
- Bedford police will collect old, unused and unwanted drugs - 0
- Ashland Community Garden ribbon-cutting set for Saturday - 0
- Cynthia's Challenge raises $31K to help buy service dog - 0
- Preston's 'Idol' adventure goes on - 0
- Hemophilia Charity Bike Ride Comes to New Hampshire - 0
- Scholars from Across U.S. Gather at Plymouth State University's 35th Annual Medieval and Renaissance Forum April 25 and 26 - 0
- Former legendary Foreigner frontman Lou Gramm to perform - 1
- Granite State campuses leap into spring with April performances - 0
Preston's 'Idol' adventure goes on
NH Easter Egg Hunts 2014
Win tickets to see Cheap Trick
Another View -- Jeff Goley and Will Infantine: Time for an increase in weekly benefits for NH unemployed
Portsmouth arrests 2 for heroin sales
IT overload: Bureaucracy on bureaucracy