NH Audubon's Rare Bird Alert
A pair of gadwall, and a pair of northern pintails were seen at Horseshoe Pond in Concord during the past week.
Ring-necked ducks, wood ducks, common goldeneyes, hooded mergansers, and common mergansers continue to be seen in good numbers in open water areas.
Thirteen fish crows were reported from Horseshoe Pond in Concord on April 3.
Fox sparrows are being reported from many locations, some with multiple birds including eight being seen in one yard in Amherst.
Numerous tree swallows have been seen during the past week, with the first report of the season coming from Nashua on March 29.
There were several sightings of American woodcock, killdeer, and Wilson's snipe, as well as a few American kestrels, merlins, ospreys, and northern harriers, all during the past week.
An eastern phoebe was seen in Penacook on April 1, and one was seen in Rochester on April 3.
This information is also available by phone recording: call 224-9909 and press 2 as directed or ask to be transferred. If you have seen any interesting birds recently, you can leave a message at the end of the recording or send your sightings to the RBA via e-mail at: email@example.com. Please put either "bird sighting" or "Rare Bird Alert" in the subject line and be sure to include your mailing address and phone number. The RBA is also available on-line at the New Hampshire Audubon web site, www.nhaudubon.org.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Band concert highlights Deerfield Family Fun Night - 0
- Raymond aims to bring community together at annual town fair - 0
- Slash and his Conspirators open tour at Hampton Beach - 0
- Hundreds to pedal White Mountains to keep Manchester students in school - 0
- Goffstown business panel to do self-assessment - 0
- City kicks off 'Lunch in the Park' program - 0
- Warren begins three-day Old Home Day celebration Friday - 0
- Salem duplex request on hold - 0
- Yes to perform at the Hampton Beach Casino Ballroom - 1
Community groups profit from race week
Bikers say under-30 generation isn't interested, and can't afford many of the top motorcycles
Alanis Morissette to play Casino Ballroom
Outrageous waste: You overpaid by how much?
Ignoring Lyme: What are state, towns doing?