Home » NewHampshire.com » A&E
NH Audubon's Rare Bird Alert
A pair of gadwall, and a pair of northern pintails were seen at Horseshoe Pond in Concord during the past week.
Ring-necked ducks, wood ducks, common goldeneyes, hooded mergansers, and common mergansers continue to be seen in good numbers in open water areas.
Thirteen fish crows were reported from Horseshoe Pond in Concord on April 3.
Fox sparrows are being reported from many locations, some with multiple birds including eight being seen in one yard in Amherst.
Numerous tree swallows have been seen during the past week, with the first report of the season coming from Nashua on March 29.
There were several sightings of American woodcock, killdeer, and Wilson's snipe, as well as a few American kestrels, merlins, ospreys, and northern harriers, all during the past week.
An eastern phoebe was seen in Penacook on April 1, and one was seen in Rochester on April 3.
This information is also available by phone recording: call 224-9909 and press 2 as directed or ask to be transferred. If you have seen any interesting birds recently, you can leave a message at the end of the recording or send your sightings to the RBA via e-mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put either "bird sighting" or "Rare Bird Alert" in the subject line and be sure to include your mailing address and phone number. The RBA is also available on-line at the New Hampshire Audubon web site, www.nhaudubon.org.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Fundraiser Saturday in Milford for Kimberly Cates scholarship fund - 0
- Win tickets to see The Happy Together Tour with the Turtles and more - 0
- Win a family 4-pack of tickets to see the Harlem Globetrotters - 0
- NH Club Notes: Curling club’s open house introduces sport to public - 0
- Blending academics with snowsports training - 0
- Solas' 'Shamrock City Tour' inspired by tales of ancester's life - 0
- Veterans part of cast staging military court-room battle - 0
- 'Boys Next Door' take up residence at Bedford Off Broadway - 0
- Musical theater group recaps '65 stage favs on Derry stage - 0
Win tickets to see Black Label Society
Granite State volunteers honor MLK's legacy
Blending academics with snowsports training
Judge rules against Brentwood School District in suit over $650k in cuts from proposed budget
State: Croydon must end private tuition
Senate deadlocks on right-to-work bill
The Balsams bond: No taxpayer backing
George Will: Stopping the IRS