Home » News » Roads and Travel
NH Audubon's Rare Bird Alert
A pair of gadwall, and a pair of northern pintails were seen at Horseshoe Pond in Concord during the past week.
Ring-necked ducks, wood ducks, common goldeneyes, hooded mergansers, and common mergansers continue to be seen in good numbers in open water areas.
Thirteen fish crows were reported from Horseshoe Pond in Concord on April 3.
Fox sparrows are being reported from many locations, some with multiple birds including eight being seen in one yard in Amherst.
Numerous tree swallows have been seen during the past week, with the first report of the season coming from Nashua on March 29.
There were several sightings of American woodcock, killdeer, and Wilson's snipe, as well as a few American kestrels, merlins, ospreys, and northern harriers, all during the past week.
An eastern phoebe was seen in Penacook on April 1, and one was seen in Rochester on April 3.
This information is also available by phone recording: call 224-9909 and press 2 as directed or ask to be transferred. If you have seen any interesting birds recently, you can leave a message at the end of the recording or send your sightings to the RBA via e-mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put either "bird sighting" or "Rare Bird Alert" in the subject line and be sure to include your mailing address and phone number. The RBA is also available on-line at the New Hampshire Audubon web site, www.nhaudubon.org.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Donations pour in for Cornish couple injured in Florida - 0
- KAPAP master offers a cerebral approach to martial arts in Londonderry - 0
- New SAU 19 superintendent settling in to new post - 0
- Pilots from around the country enjoy Alton Bay ice - 0
- Dover woman to hike Appalachian Trail in style - 0
- New Hampshire Senior News in Brief - 0
- Seniors Count-Nashua workshop tackles forgetfulness - 0
- NH native leads field in Iditarod sled dog race in Alaska - 0
- New Hampshire syrup king, author make a sweet pair - 0
Win tickets to see Jillian Michaels
Win tickets to see Craig Ferguson
Planned Parenthood funds S&M Web video
Blue shame: Obamacare's big change
NH delays enforcing liquor warehouse pact
Taken for a ride: Hooksett’s Pinkerton deal
Manchester schools project budget surplus