Phelan named next chief deputy clerk of court
Clerk of Court James R. Starr said Phelan will join the clerk's office staff in May.
She will formally succeed Dan Lynch as chief deputy when Lynch becomes clerk of court upon Starr's retirement in January 2014.
Starr, who announced the appointment, said Phelan is a 1993 cum laude graduate of Creighton University School of Law and began her legal career as clerk to a Nebraska Supreme Court Justice.
She was a bankruptcy and civil business litigator for 12 years at the New Hampshire firm of Orr & Reno and later did trial and appellate work for the New Hampshire Public Defender's Office for more than five years.
Phelan also served on Bankruptcy and District courts committees.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Former NH state trooper gets new state job after 2010 conviction - 18
- Public hearing is set in Portsmouth on plan to beddown 12 KC-46A aircraft - 0
- U.N. denies reports representative in Ukraine seized in Crimea - 0
- Frigid weather has maple producers expecting a 'couple of weeks' delay - 0
- NH Motor Speedway founder selling lakeside estate for NH-record $49 million - 7
- Crotched Mountain honors its farming roots with tree farm honor - 0
- 'Our lost duck friends' remembered - 23
- UPDATE: America selects Preston for top 13 in "American Idol" - 0
- UPDATE: Mont Vernon man chosen as ‘American Idol’ top 20 contestant - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Firefighters battle blaze at Pittsfield pizza plant - 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Wildcats, Hogan not finished yet - 0
- Little Green has quartet of contenders for New England wrestling championships - 0
- Roger Brown's High School Basketball: Madness has arrived - 0
- Monarchs: Let's play three - 0
- Another View -- Diana Lacey: Union Leader editorial got gas tax hearing all wrong - 2
- Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief - 7
- Banning cell phones: Impulse shopping in the House - 4
- Cannon Mountain skiers head to Paralympics - 0
Fremont's Miss 1964 to pass on her crown
Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief