Phelan named next chief deputy clerk of court
Clerk of Court James R. Starr said Phelan will join the clerk's office staff in May.
She will formally succeed Dan Lynch as chief deputy when Lynch becomes clerk of court upon Starr's retirement in January 2014.
Starr, who announced the appointment, said Phelan is a 1993 cum laude graduate of Creighton University School of Law and began her legal career as clerk to a Nebraska Supreme Court Justice.
She was a bankruptcy and civil business litigator for 12 years at the New Hampshire firm of Orr & Reno and later did trial and appellate work for the New Hampshire Public Defender's Office for more than five years.
Phelan also served on Bankruptcy and District courts committees.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- School group favors opening JROTC at Nashua high school - 0
- Athletics Dept. employee at UNH fired over 'invasion of privacy' - 0
- Loeb School spring classes include travel writing - 0
- Windham ready to open a 'Little Shop of Horrors' - 0
- Salem to decide fate of $75m school proposal - 0
- Allenstown parents mobilize to stave off $1 million school budget cut - 0
- Busy week for voters in Hollis, Brookline - 0
- Nashua to debate school spending - 0
- Test scores tell tale of one city, several towns - 4
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Tournament Roundup: Central breaks away from Exeter - 0
- College Hockey: Dartmouth drops tournament opener - 0
- FEMA OKs $8m for repairs in Lincoln, Lebanon - 0
- Official says Manchester lost out on $1.5m for cell tower court has now ordered built - 0
- John Habib's City Sports: Derryfield's 'Mouse' made his mark - 0
- Rondo leads Celtics past Nets - 0
- Hats off to O'Neill, Monarchs - 0
- NHIAA Boys' Basketball: Maughn, Memorial top Londonderry - 0
- NHIAA Boys' Basketball: Giampetruzzi leads Trinity into D-I semis - 0
Stacey Cole's Nature Talks: Turkey vultures not commonly seen in NH until fairly recently
Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief