Phelan named next chief deputy clerk of court
Clerk of Court James R. Starr said Phelan will join the clerk's office staff in May.
She will formally succeed Dan Lynch as chief deputy when Lynch becomes clerk of court upon Starr's retirement in January 2014.
Starr, who announced the appointment, said Phelan is a 1993 cum laude graduate of Creighton University School of Law and began her legal career as clerk to a Nebraska Supreme Court Justice.
She was a bankruptcy and civil business litigator for 12 years at the New Hampshire firm of Orr & Reno and later did trial and appellate work for the New Hampshire Public Defender's Office for more than five years.
Phelan also served on Bankruptcy and District courts committees.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Nashua board agrees on school district sexual harassment policies - 0
- Tuition to go down 5 percent at community colleges - 0
- UPDATE: Supreme Court hears from both sides on education tax credits - 1
- Parents speak out against Jewett Street School proposal - 2
- Citizens Bank offers good citizen scholarships - 0
- Justice returns to North Country alma mater to speak to students - 0
- New program recognizes Colebrook students for volunteering - 0
- Belmont students consider dropping 'offensive' mascot - 44
- At presentation at Manchester firm Dyn, middle schoolers learn STEAM Ahead could lead to cool career - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Portsmouth arrests 2 for heroin sales - 2
- Two crashes reported on I-93 in Canterbury, Londonderry - 0
- Man killed in Seabrook fire identified - 0
- Student brings knife into Nashua school - 0
- Ex-director jailed for theft from Londonderry nursery school - 1
- UPDATE: Search suspended for Northfield man a second day - 0
- Anonymous email was 'malicious,' says Auburn police commissioner - 0
- Senate votes to ban hand-held cellphone use in cars; bill heads back to House - 10
- Auburn town administrator under fire - 0
Manchester mayor: 'It's the tax cap budget'
Derry woman accused of burglaries
Decency displayed: Havenstein's nice start