Home » News » Public Safety
Forest fire danger warning issued in six NH counties
The forest fire danger warning is in effect for Belknap, Cheshire, Hillsborough, Merrimack, Rockingham and Strafford counties.
According to the alert, a cold and dry air mass has moved into the region, bringing low relative humidity and gusty winds. No significant precipitation is expected into early next week.
The temperatures today are predicted in the mid-30s to the upper 40s, and winds are expected to be 9 to 16 miles per hour with possible gusts up to 37 mph.
Today's fire danger for most of the southern areas of the state is rated Class 4, "very high," the second-highest level. For the Connecticut River Valley and northern portions of the state, the fire danger is Class 3, or "high."
The division also reminded residents that permits are required for all open burning in areas without snow cover.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Three-alarm fire damages Nashua church; parishioners out safe - 0
- Power outage knocks machine offline at Gorham Paper and Tissue - 0
- Motorcyclist killed, passenger injured when hit by car in Manchester accident - 0
- Bicyclist injured when hit by car in Hudson - 1
- Police hope for driving dream, but prepared for driving nightmare in Loudon - 3
- Police investigate serious accident in Manchester - 0
- Wakefield woman dies in crash; Rye woman crashes into utility pole - 0
- Wakefield woman killed in Milton crash - 0
- Portsmouth police locate, arrest driver after accident - 0
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Gubernatorial candidate Hemingway proposes NH tax system fix - 2
- Hanover co-op to meet on fired workers - 0
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Elm Street's resurgence includes a good workout - 0
- Your turn, NH -- Kate Pemberton: What a First Lady taught me about being a woman - 0
- Joe McQuaid's Publisher's Notes: My favorite things from one week this summer - 0
- Motivation Matters: Get rid of deficiency, not employee - 0
- Sam Asano's Let's Invent: Inventors need to have lots of intuition, instincts, creativity - 0
- Bedford man creates insurance rating system - 0
- No compromise: We win, you lose - 4
Bikers say under-30 generation isn't interested, and can't afford many of the top motorcycles
DIY addition draws city's, neighbors' ire
VA woes across the country led NH to reforms
The U.S. is a beacon still
No compromise: We win, you lose