Home » News » Public Safety
Forest fire danger warning issued in six NH counties
The forest fire danger warning is in effect for Belknap, Cheshire, Hillsborough, Merrimack, Rockingham and Strafford counties.
According to the alert, a cold and dry air mass has moved into the region, bringing low relative humidity and gusty winds. No significant precipitation is expected into early next week.
The temperatures today are predicted in the mid-30s to the upper 40s, and winds are expected to be 9 to 16 miles per hour with possible gusts up to 37 mph.
Today's fire danger for most of the southern areas of the state is rated Class 4, "very high," the second-highest level. For the Connecticut River Valley and northern portions of the state, the fire danger is Class 3, or "high."
The division also reminded residents that permits are required for all open burning in areas without snow cover.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Manchester police to hold ‘Coffee with a Cop’ event - 0
- Keene ordinance against synthetic drugs seems to be working - 0
- Plea deal for woman who allegedly supplied drug hours before Hampton double fatal - 0
- Merrimack rollover sends Mass. driver to hospital - 0
- Suit claims Hudson violates rights of panhandlers - 2
- Driver hits Rochester monument, rolls car and is trapped - 0
- Nashua firefighters put out two fires; 14 people forced out in Palm Street blaze - 0
- Two injured in late night car crash in Londonderry - 0
- Hampton Falls woman charged with striking Rye police officer with her car - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Concord man charged in downtown stabbing - 0
- GPS device locates stolen truck in Merrimack - 1
- Traffic signal stop leads to drug arrest in Merrimack - 0
- NH Fisher Cats slam way to win over Trenton - 0
- Officials hire principal for Golden Brook school - 0
- Seniors help students start year on the right foot, with the write stuff - 0
- Derry councilors select semi-finalists for town admin job - 0
- Plaistow begins search for new police chief - 0
- Without an exemption, Goffstown resident must pay high taxes on solar energy panels - 1
Derry to NH: Take Exit 4A
Editorial: Garcia gains Lambert lies
ISIS beheads NH journalist