Home » News » Public Safety
Motorist OK after driving into Mont Vernon post pffice
Police said there were people inside of the post office at 4 Grand Hill Road at the time of the accident, but no one was injured when Linda Koch smashed her 2011 Subaru Forester into the building's glass doors shortly before 10 a.m.
Koch, 69, of Mont Vernon, had parked her vehicle in a handicapped space in front of the building when she accidentally accelerated the gas instead of applying the brakes, according to Chief Kyle Aspinwall.
"The car went into the building a couple of feet," said Aspinwall, adding it had to be towed from the scene.
He does not anticipate any charges to be filed against the driver.
"This was an accident. There was nothing really criminal about it," said the chief.
However, Aspinwall said the state Division of Motor Vehicles may review her license status following Friday's accident.
It was unknown whether the post office closed on Friday, but Aspinwall assumed that because of the extensive damage to the front entrance, that daily operations were likely brought to a halt.
A call to the post office went unanswered Friday night.
About a year ago, a similar accident occurred at the same post office when an unidentified driver crashed their vehicle into the outside wall of the building just next to the front entrance.
"That was a hit and run. We never did find the person responsible," Aspinwall said on Friday, noting that accident occurred on March 28, 2012.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Lost Massachusetts hikers found safe in NH - 0
- City police schedule community meeting - 1
- Missing Massachusetts woman returns home - 0
- Nashua man's condition upgraded after Hudson bicycle-car collision - 0
- Missing autistic Maine teen found in Jefferson woods - 0
- Nashua bicyclist hurt in collision with car - 0
- Three injured in Route 16 accident in Ossipee - 0
- State fire marshal urges eventual ban on all fireworks - 23
- Manchester welcomes 14 new police recruits - 7
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Another walk-off win for Red Sox - 0
- Thibodeau claims fourth NHWGA Junior title - 0
- Stocks end lower on Portugal bank woes - 0
- Salem child porn arrest after tip leading to cloud storage of images - 0
- Manchester woman suffers injuries in dragging incident - 0
- Judge orders fired Manchester officer back to jail to finish sentence - 5
- Claremont police dispatcher charged with sex assault and incest, placed on leave - 0
- Speeding stop leads to drug and alcohol charges in Hollis - 0
- Allen Lessels on Motor Sports: Youngsters eye NHMS - 0
132-mph street racers blow by trooper in Nashua, one of two arrested; motorcyclist arrested on I-93 doing 107 mph
Police say Manchester woman arrested for punching ex-boyfriend during custody exchange in Walmart parking lot
Mount Washington College to close 2 campuses
Bikers say under-30 generation isn't interested, and can't afford many of the top motorcycles
Ban fireworks? Get serious
GOP criticizes Shaheen over gas tax
Ignoring Lyme: What are state, towns doing?
Sentence fragment: Coco's cuckoo release