Home » News » Public Safety
Motorist OK after driving into Mont Vernon post pffice
Police said there were people inside of the post office at 4 Grand Hill Road at the time of the accident, but no one was injured when Linda Koch smashed her 2011 Subaru Forester into the building's glass doors shortly before 10 a.m.
Koch, 69, of Mont Vernon, had parked her vehicle in a handicapped space in front of the building when she accidentally accelerated the gas instead of applying the brakes, according to Chief Kyle Aspinwall.
"The car went into the building a couple of feet," said Aspinwall, adding it had to be towed from the scene.
He does not anticipate any charges to be filed against the driver.
"This was an accident. There was nothing really criminal about it," said the chief.
However, Aspinwall said the state Division of Motor Vehicles may review her license status following Friday's accident.
It was unknown whether the post office closed on Friday, but Aspinwall assumed that because of the extensive damage to the front entrance, that daily operations were likely brought to a halt.
A call to the post office went unanswered Friday night.
About a year ago, a similar accident occurred at the same post office when an unidentified driver crashed their vehicle into the outside wall of the building just next to the front entrance.
"That was a hit and run. We never did find the person responsible," Aspinwall said on Friday, noting that accident occurred on March 28, 2012.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Snowmobiler dies; 4th fatality of season - 0
- Driver seriously injured in Londonderry wreck - 0
- Dover snowmobiler dies in Barnstead crash - 0
- Most property owners clear hydrants of snow - 0
- Manchester man dies after being hit by car - 0
- Family, pet cats and snake escape Nottingham fire - 0
- Two officers pinpointed in Weare shooting - 0
- School bus slides off road, slams into trees in Deerfield - 0
- For Nashua student walkers, commute may soon be safer - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- The Pope's anniversary: Viewing him through different lenses - 0
- Up late with Shaheen: Misplaced Senate priorities - 0
- Dave Solomon's Gettin' Down to Business: Tim Eccleston has a health dream for the nation - 0
- Mike Cote's Business Editor's Notebook: Always trust your cape, but watch out for snakes - 0
- Third-party food delivery on the rise - 0
- College Hockey: Northeastern wins in OT, forces Game 3 with UNH - 0
- College Hockey: Union ousts Dartmouth in ECAC tournament - 0
- NHGOP: Rand Paul wins straw poll - 0
- Pembroke voters OK clock tower face-lift - 0
Dick Pinney's Guidelines: Online license purchases prove user unfriendly for some hunters and anglers
Auburn native believes in faith and fashion
NHGOP: Rand Paul wins straw poll
Snowmobiler dies; 4th fatality of season
Charles Krauthammer: How to handle Putin
Bath Iron Works gets nod for fifth destroyer