Home » News » Public Safety
Gun shop that sold to mother of Newtown shooter loses license
The agency on Dec. 20 revoked the license of Riverview Gun Sales in East Windsor, Connecticut, ATF spokeswoman Debora Seifert said. The revocation was reported in The Journal News, of Westchester County, New York, on Friday.
"We did revoke their federal firearms license," she said. The agency did not publicly disclose a reason for the closure.
A woman who answered the telephone at Riverview on Friday, and did not give her name, confirmed the store had sold a weapon to Lanza's mother, Nancy, and that its license had been revoked. She declined further comment.
Nancy Lanza was her son's first victim in the Dec. 14 attack. He shot her in their family home before driving to Sandy Hook Elementary School, Newtown, where he gunned down 20 young children and six adults before shooting himself dead.
The weapons Adam Lanza, 20, used in the attack were all legally purchased and registered.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Snowmobiler dies; 4th fatality of season - 0
- Driver seriously injured in Londonderry wreck - 0
- Dover snowmobiler dies in Barnstead crash - 0
- Most property owners clear hydrants of snow - 0
- Manchester man dies after being hit by car - 0
- Family, pet cats and snake escape Nottingham fire - 0
- Two officers pinpointed in Weare shooting - 0
- School bus slides off road, slams into trees in Deerfield - 0
- For Nashua student walkers, commute may soon be safer - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- College Hockey: Northeastern wins in OT, forces Game 3 with UNH - 0
- NHGOP: Rand Paul wins straw poll - 0
- Pembroke voters OK clock tower face-lift - 0
- Bath Iron Works gets nod for fifth destroyer - 0
- Groveton backs 'Plan B' for town office project - 0
- Dartmouth under fire for response to incidents of rape on campus - 0
- Obama's national security aides meet to discuss Ukraine - 0
- Radio host wants official's lawsuit dismissed - 0
- NH's representatives in Congress join opposition to painkiller Zohydro - 0
Dick Pinney's Guidelines: Online license purchases prove user unfriendly for some hunters and anglers
Auburn native believes in faith and fashion
NHGOP: Rand Paul wins straw poll
Snowmobiler dies; 4th fatality of season
Bath Iron Works gets nod for fifth destroyer
Charles Krauthammer: How to handle Putin
GOP panel stresses teamwork, sincerity