Home » News » Public Safety
Woman killed in single-car crash in Belmont
Police were called at 1:25 p.m. to the scene of a single-car crash on Route 106 just north of the Gilmanton town line near Stone Road. A 911 caller said a vehicle heading southbound left the roadway and rolled over after entering the line of woods near the road.
Emergency crews from the fire department and several police officers responded to the scene, police said. The driver had been ejected from her vehicle.
"The driver suffered fatal injury as a result of the crash," police said.
The name of the driver is being withheld until next of kin is notified. Police said the investigation into the crash remains open and anyone with information or witnesses to the crash are asked to call the Belmont police at 267-8350.
Belmont police were assisted in the investigation by the Belknap County Regional Accident Reconstruction Team and Gilmanton police. The N.H. Department of Transportation assisted with traffic control devices and cones to channel traffic safely though the accident scene.
"During the course of this investigation officers will be looking to determine what contributing factors played a role in this unfortunate event," said Lt. Richard Mann.
READER COMMENTS: 25
- Extreme skier's handgun found, returned to him - 8
- Antrim fire damages cape - 0
- Merrimack students get a sobering lesson about drinking and driving - 0
- Two crashes reported on I-93 in Canterbury, Londonderry - 0
- Man killed in Seabrook fire identified - 0
- UPDATE: Search suspended for Northfield man a second day - 0
- Serious Concord crash injures Mass. woman - 0
- Concord police seek help locating homeless man - 0
- Barrington home destroyed in two-alarm blaze - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH Legal Perspective -- Health care decision making: Pending legislation fills gap - 0
- GoShopNH offers workshop to NH artisans on selling their products online - 0
- Christopher Thompson's Closing the Deal: Be a student of your profession - 0
- NHIAA Boys' Lacrosse: Bedford proving Division I-worthy - 0
- NHIAA Baseball: Londonderry's Corey escapes seventh-inning jam in win - 0
- Pope presides at Vatican Mass leading Catholics into Easter - 0
- Top-ranked B's seek to tie up series - 0
- Bottoms up for Red Sox in win over Orioles - 0
- Struggling Fisher Cats defeated again - 0
Man electrocuted at Keene brush fire