Home » News » Public Safety
Woman killed in single-car crash in Belmont
Police were called at 1:25 p.m. to the scene of a single-car crash on Route 106 just north of the Gilmanton town line near Stone Road. A 911 caller said a vehicle heading southbound left the roadway and rolled over after entering the line of woods near the road.
Emergency crews from the fire department and several police officers responded to the scene, police said. The driver had been ejected from her vehicle.
"The driver suffered fatal injury as a result of the crash," police said.
The name of the driver is being withheld until next of kin is notified. Police said the investigation into the crash remains open and anyone with information or witnesses to the crash are asked to call the Belmont police at 267-8350.
Belmont police were assisted in the investigation by the Belknap County Regional Accident Reconstruction Team and Gilmanton police. The N.H. Department of Transportation assisted with traffic control devices and cones to channel traffic safely though the accident scene.
"During the course of this investigation officers will be looking to determine what contributing factors played a role in this unfortunate event," said Lt. Richard Mann.
READER COMMENTS: 9
- Nashua police department adds 8 new members - 1
- Talk of 'wings on pigs' threats on police tests U.S. speech rights - 0
- Brentwood police look to increase coverage after officer's death in May - 4
- Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm - 40
- Police investigate report of shots fired - 0
- Manchester blaze that left dozens homeless was accidental - 0
- Milford woman injured in Bedford crash - 0
- Park on any side of the street in Manchester during Christmas week - 0
- NYC mayor wants protests on hold after police deaths - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two Keene men charged with burglary and assault - 0
- Shooting victim's spouse's car being searched - 0
- Altercation leads to suspect fleeing, threatening police - 0
- Crash ends high-speed chase in Lyndeborough - 0
- Good Samaritan pins Manchester purse snatcher - 0
- DWI license revocations - 0
- High speed chase ends in crash in Lyndeborough - 2
- Two Manchester women arrested in separate shoplifting incidents in Hooksett - 3
- Maine police search car belonging to husband of Londonderry shooting victim - 0
Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm