Home » News » Public Safety
Woman killed in single-car crash in Belmont
Police were called at 1:25 p.m. to the scene of a single-car crash on Route 106 just north of the Gilmanton town line near Stone Road. A 911 caller said a vehicle heading southbound left the roadway and rolled over after entering the line of woods near the road.
Emergency crews from the fire department and several police officers responded to the scene, police said. The driver had been ejected from her vehicle.
"The driver suffered fatal injury as a result of the crash," police said.
The name of the driver is being withheld until next of kin is notified. Police said the investigation into the crash remains open and anyone with information or witnesses to the crash are asked to call the Belmont police at 267-8350.
Belmont police were assisted in the investigation by the Belknap County Regional Accident Reconstruction Team and Gilmanton police. The N.H. Department of Transportation assisted with traffic control devices and cones to channel traffic safely though the accident scene.
"During the course of this investigation officers will be looking to determine what contributing factors played a role in this unfortunate event," said Lt. Richard Mann.
READER COMMENTS: 15
- Londonderry response team celebrates 10th anniversary - 0
- Police say to expect more arrests in wake of Keene chaos - 6
- Keene police working to identify rioters, notify other colleges of students' participation - 8
- Bedford woman injured when tree falls on her - 0
- Clarksville man accidentally shoots himself - 0
- KSC graduate in town says he aided a wounded party-goer - 0
- Weare shakes its head at police department saga - 4
- Keene State College students clean up after mayhem, say weekend riots were not their fault - 11
- Londonderry man killed in I-495 off-ramp crash identified - 0
READER COMMENTS: 1
- GT Advanced Technology attorney hoping for Apple agreement today to allow more openness in bankruptcy court - 0
- Nashua caretaker wants evidence suppressed in sexual assault case - 0
- Former coach from Nashua charged in sex assaults claims confession was involuntary - 0
- NH highways have potentialy deadly guardrail end pieces, transportation commissioner says - 0
- Neighbor won't be charged in shooting death of Rumney chiropractor - 8
- Staples says it is probing possible payment card data breach - 1
- Manchester police: Ga. man stole truck in Mass. to visit mom in NH - 0
- South African Olympian Pistorius sentenced to five years in girlfriend's murder - 0
- Expect the unexpected in NHIAA field hockey tourneys - 0
A series of sharp exchanges at 2nd CD debate
Murder-suicide ruled in Fremont deaths
Keene police working to identify rioters, notify other colleges of students' participation
Locked in a dead heat, Shaheen, Brown spar