Home » News » Public Safety
Police seek handgun stolen from scene of fatal Webster fire
Seventeen-year-old Haley MacPhail was also seriously burned in the incident.
The couple and two friends were burning brush outdoors in a home-made fire pit, made from a cut open oil tank, when the fire died out. Hewey tried to restart the fire by pouring gasoline into the pit and it exploded, burning him and MacPhail.
Police released few details about the theft other than what was stated in a news release issued by Concord Regional Crimeline, identifying the gun as a Baikal .380 handgun and stating it was believed to be taken from the scene of an "untimely death in Webster" on Feb. 16.
Anyone who has information about the theft is asked to call Concord Regional Crimeline at (603) 226-3100, submit information online at www.concordregionalcrimeline.com or text TIP234 and the message to CRIMES (274637).
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Powerboat hits canoe on Winnipesaukee - 2
- 2 motorcycle riders hurt in Laconia collision - 0
- Police search for driver in Hollis hit-and-run - 1
- Canoe, powerboat collide on Lake Winnipesaukee - 0
- Brothers escape being hit by circling boat - 1
- Cornish truck driver charged in fatal Merrimack crash - 2
- Truck flips on I-93 at Exit 4 on-ramp in Londonderry - 0
- Salem family ldisplaced by house fire - 0
- Mother says Abigail in 'deteriorated' health - 17
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Real estate transfer tax proposal pulled off table - 0
- Protesting information: Picket sign o' the times - 0
- Another View -- Mike Biundo: Where is Shaheen's gas price outrage now? - 0
- Seabrook's message: No one above the law here - 0
- Joe McQuaid's Publisher's Notebook: A humbling — and inspiring — event - 0
- Developer says proposed LNG plant in Groveton 'on hold' - 0
- Motivation Matters: 'Giving 110 percent' says more than you think - 0
- Know the Law: Do I need a prenup? - 0
- Life's just a great big game for Dan Yarrington - 0
Win tickets to see Cher's D2K Tour
E-cigarettes find a market in NH
Protesting workers nix Market Basket amnesty
Faith and freedom; a near-martyr comes to NH
Powerboat hits canoe on Winnipesaukee