Home » News » Public Safety
Faulty dishwasher blamed for Nashua restaurant fire
NASHUA - A problem with a motor in a dishwasher led to a small fire at a Main Street restaurant Saturday evening.
Fire officials say they were called to the San Francisco Kitchen restaurant on Main Street at about 5:30 last night after a report of an appliance fire.
Firefighters found a fire in the motor area of a dishwasher. The machine had to be removed from the kitchen in order to be put out.
Smoke from the fire reached the kitchen and restaurant areas and the eatery was evacuated. The Board of Health was called in to perform an inspection.
The fire was determined to have started due to the faulty motor.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police investigating crash after truck reportedly loses tire in Concord - 1
- Derry firefighters extinguish Jeep fire - 0
- Chemical spill in Newington business sends 6 to the hospital - 0
- Officials investigate suspicious Manchester blaze - 0
- UPDATED: Mass. man charged after hitting barrier at Bedford toll plaza - 2
- Massachusetts woman injured in Milan snowmobile crash - 0
- ATV sinks trying to skim water of Weirs Beach - 0
- Fire destroys vacant Nashua building - 0
- Pre-St. Pat's party at UMass turns violent, 43 arrested - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Revised lice policy gets cool reception from some at Manchester school meeting - 1
- Manchester man who defrauded banks in mortgage foreclosure scheme gets 6 years - 0
- March storm brings accumulation mystery, maybe misery - 0
- Manchester’s Slebodnick stars in Cornell’s title win - 0
- NHIAA Girls’ Div. I final four offers intriguing matchups - 0
- Goffstown voters have lots to consider with schools - 0
- With snow budget depleted, Nashua dips into trust fund - 0
- Manchester CrimeWatch: Graffiti charge keeps teen’s bail from changing - 0
- Police union contract a top concern for Bedford voters - 0
Taken for a ride: Hooksett’s Pinkerton deal
Manchester schools project budget surplus